Women Online Worldwide

Women Online Worldwide (http://www.wowwomen.com/boards/index.php)
-   Getting to know you! (http://www.wowwomen.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Newbie (http://www.wowwomen.com/boards/showthread.php?t=313)

SuGaR May 20th, 2001 01:25 AM

Hey everyone.

My name is Claire, I'm sixteen and I'm from Sydney, Australia.

Did my age surprise you? It surprises me sometimes, too...mainly because I enjoy doing things that most teenagers my age would consider to be something a senior citizen would do. For instance, I am an avid gardener, I love playing boules and I enjoy cooking and sewing.

But some of my hobbies and interests are typical teen- shopping, the Internet, talking on the phone and the beach. Swimming is my favourite sport, and the best food out there has got to be a Caesar salad. My favourite school subject is History, but I want to be a fashion or interior designer when I leave school.

I am also passionate about women's rights and informing teenage girls about the struggles and pleasures of being female. The crime I despise the most is FGM, or Female Genital Mutilation. I have a website, Young Women Online, which is located at http://ywo.kiwitown.com. It is a support/information/action group for women under the age of twenty five. If you have an informative piece of material that relates to young women please contact me about it and I'll see if I can post it...my email address is clt_@hotmail.com.

Talk to you soon.
Claire

Clara August 1st, 2001 11:53 PM

I have just come to these parts unknown called wowwomen.com. What an interresting place to be. I can sit here and read through others successes and gain strength.

I am a young woman in my late twenties who is doing some self discovery and learning a bit about who I am. For much of my life--- and still yet today, I struggle with acceptance. (Which has brought me to these message boards.)

I enjoy gardening, canoe trips and long drives to places unknown. Small towm events really make my heart pitter-patter.

I will be looking forward to getting to know some of you better as days go by.

Clara

julesingresham October 15th, 2001 10:34 PM

Welcome Claire and Clara to the most wonderful place to visit. There are many great women that visit here. I'm lucky to have found this board myself after chatting with them in the chat room. I hope you enjoy visting here and getting to know them. Julie

Sunshine April 21st, 2002 03:59 PM

Nice of you to welcome the new people Jules! Just wanted to say a quick hello to all of you and welcome (although, you may have been around here much longer than myself). Happy days all. Sunshine! :)

Lou April 21st, 2002 04:15 PM

And welcome to you, too, Sunshine. You are a ray of . . . well, you know. :D

I've been around WOW since it began. I live in southern CA, am a mother and grandmother, a teacher, a liberal, a raconteur and writer, a lover of food and gardening, and a questioner. I've been around the block, across the bridge, and up the elevator. When I'm here, I play nice. :D

Sunshine April 21st, 2002 04:21 PM

Which bridge did you cross; how many elevators have you gone somewhere on? Sunshine!
Thanks for the heart felt welcome!
:)

outcast January 12th, 2003 02:04 PM

Hi everyone and nice to meet you

I from Eastern Ontario.I love anything

outdoors from snowshoeing to sliding

with family.

I have been living common-law with a
wonderful man for 22 Years now.(I think he my need more time to get married )(WEG)We have two girls 12/9.
I also have a passion for reading and
anygame that challenges the mind.Well
Dang thats enough about me lol.

anniejoan January 12th, 2003 05:23 PM

hi hi outcast!

We've met each other in WomensSpace so it's nice to see you on the boards too!

There are tons of folders, so have fun looking around and posting.

sunflower January 15th, 2003 10:33 AM

Hi Im a newbie not just two, wow but
to the cyber world.I mainly bought my computer for the family.I had never chatted until recently when I found I needed to talk with other women.Im still trying to figure out how everyworks on this site. I have alot of free time now so I will be here alot at least until I get my life back on track.

creative_scrawl January 23rd, 2003 06:15 PM

Welcome :D

pensive January 25th, 2003 08:43 PM

Hello...

Hello... I am new to online communities and I guess I'm just wondering how it all works, as I would like to get involved.;)

sunflower January 25th, 2003 09:10 PM

Hi pensive I,m new here to so maybe we can help each other.If you like as two heads are better than one. :)