Women Online Worldwide

Women Online Worldwide (http://www.wowwomen.com/boards/index.php)
-   Games, Jokes & Other Fun Stuff (http://www.wowwomen.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   WOW Road Trip (http://www.wowwomen.com/boards/showthread.php?t=2496)

DACDjr May 3rd, 2012 08:26 PM

WOW Road Trip

My ladies of WOW.. A few of us have started a virtual WOW Road Trip at NanaWOW's.. We have packed our bags and headed out.. Our First stop is in Pennsylvania with it's beautiful hills and laurel flowers... On our first stop we visited Hershey PA!!! hmmm chocolate!

We are packed in the WOWVan and heading East, where shall we stop next? Leave us a clue, but don't give it away :)

Happy Traveling...

DACDjr May 3rd, 2012 08:29 PM

Wolfie, don't forget to grab extra duct-tape for Syn ;)

Jennifer23 May 3rd, 2012 10:28 PM

Yeah Wolfie, you have to keep Syn under control. And I thought that I was the crazy one here! We luvya, Syn.

DACDjr May 3rd, 2012 10:48 PM

LOL Jen.. I think we are ALL a little bit in the far outside left field..

Synful_Poet May 3rd, 2012 10:58 PM

LOL Oh I feel the luv alright, it's actually very painful and sticking out just below my right shoulder blade!! LOL I can just see it now......we're all on this outrageous "Partridge Family" bus, with me in the back looking like something out of "Silence of the Lambs" ;) ROFLMAO

Jennifer23 May 3rd, 2012 11:09 PM

Ooooooh, scary movie.

Synful_Poet May 3rd, 2012 11:23 PM

Yeah, I agree, but so is being on a bus with all of you!! ;)

Jennifer23 May 3rd, 2012 11:33 PM

From Monty Python . . . . "Well . . . there is that."

DACDjr May 4th, 2012 02:45 PM

ROFLMAO @ Syn and the thought of Silence of The Partridge Family "WOW style" movie....

Synful_Poet May 4th, 2012 03:21 PM

ROFLMAO Ohhhh, DA, just when I thought this thread could get any funnier!
/me wipes a tear form the corner of my eye

Okay, okay time to settle down ladies. Lets get this show on the road! I want to go where you hear nothing but the sound of rushing water. Just promise me you won't put me in a barrel!!

Jennifer23 May 4th, 2012 05:56 PM

Niagara Falls?

Synful_Poet May 4th, 2012 06:41 PM

Very good, Jennifer! Your prize: I promise to restrain from putting gum in your hair ( for this leg of the trip) and you get to drive until we get there!

/me shoots spit-ball at DA and Wolfie and quickly looks out the window

I love sitting in the back of the bus!

Jennifer23 May 4th, 2012 07:20 PM

OK, now we take the bus to Allentown, Pa. Billy Joel wrote a song about the town, and I'd like to see if it's recovered. And Syn, you did put gum in my hair! I'm still trying to pull it out . . .

Synful_Poet May 4th, 2012 08:41 PM

LOL I have two words for you, Jen.../me say in sing song voice "Peanut, peanut butter" LOL

HEY, DID ANYBODY PACK PEANUT BUTTER!!

DACDjr May 4th, 2012 11:27 PM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...-Allentown.jpg

Allentown (Pennsylvania Dutch: Allenschteddel) is a city located in Lehigh County, Pennsylvania, in the United States. It is Pennsylvania's third most populous city, after Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, and the 215th largest city in the United States. As of the 2010 census, the city had a total population of 118,032 and is currently the fastest growing city in Pennsylvania.[8] It is also the county seat of Lehigh County

DACDjr May 4th, 2012 11:33 PM

Next stop Reading PA.... Did you know that Reading PA is where "Reading Raindbow" originated from? And the open-wheel racing portion of Penske Racing had been based in Reading, Pennsylvania since 1973.....

( sticks marshmallows under Syn.. extra cousin or sticky mess when you get up?) <weg>

Synful_Poet May 5th, 2012 01:13 AM

UHHHK!! DA, how could you, and when I'm wearing my new jeans! (cuz that's just how my life goes)

/me stiff legs it off the bus, glaring at everyone who's snickering while I make a beeline for the nearest restroom

Next stop: The Allegheny National Forest, where I've rented cabins for everyone.

The Allegheny National Forest is one of 155 National Forests managed by the U.S. Department of Agriculture - Forest Service, and the only one in Pennsylvania. The Allegheny has a rich variety of outdoor activities. There are over 600 campsites, 6 boat launches, 6 canoe access sites, 2 nationally designated wildernesses and many miles of hiking, biking, snowmobiling and ATV trails. The Allegheny National Forest region is rich in cultural resources.Items of interest range from the Seneca Indians to Buckaloons, to the discovery of oil and its effects on development.

Synful_Poet May 5th, 2012 01:16 AM

Good idea with the info add-ins, DA! Why couldn't learning be like this in school.

Jennifer23 May 5th, 2012 08:54 PM

Thanks, DA.

DACDjr May 5th, 2012 09:09 PM

Jennifer, where are we off to now?

Jennifer23 May 5th, 2012 10:35 PM

Savannah, Ga.

Wolf_angel May 6th, 2012 03:24 AM

This is great keep up it going! Hugs

justjanenh May 10th, 2012 04:16 PM

If you all head up to NH, there is no sales tax... You get what you pay for.. and we can walk the flume in the white mountains....Speed limits are a suggestion..

Jane

Jennifer23 May 10th, 2012 08:14 PM

Pittsfield is close to the White Mountains . . .

Synful_Poet May 10th, 2012 09:33 PM

Uh-oh, Jane now you've done it...;) The last thing we need is Jennifer to start thinking! LOL lu Jenn!

Wolf_angel May 11th, 2012 07:01 AM

Song is Uptown Girl By Billy Joel

Now we are headed where? North? East? South? West?

/e duct tapes Syn's hands to snacks....puts duct tape to the straw on the hood of the car....passes out healthy road snacks to eat

Jennifer23 May 11th, 2012 10:37 PM

After all of us hiked up Mt. Washington, we descended and decided to visit Richmond, Va. Syn, take that duct tape off my mouth! (but very slowly . . . )

Jennifer23 May 12th, 2012 07:49 PM

Are we in Richmond yet?

Wolf_angel May 13th, 2012 05:08 AM

This is from wikipedia by the way. Just found it fascinating to share.

Richmond is the capital of the Commonwealth of Virginia, in the United States. It is an independent city and not part of any county. Richmond is the center of the Richmond Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) and the Greater Richmond area. The population within the city limits was 204,214 in 2010,[5] with an estimated population of 1,258,251 for the Richmond Metropolitan Area — making it the third largest in Virginia.[6]

Geographically, Richmond is located at the fall line of the James River, 108 miles (174 km) south of Washington DC, 71 miles (114 km) east of Charlottesville, and 54 miles (87 km) west of Williamsburg. Surrounded by Henrico and Chesterfield counties, the city is located at the intersections of Interstate 95 and Interstate 64, and encircled by Interstate 295 and Virginia State Route 288.

The site of Richmond, at the fall line of the James River, had been an important village of the Powhatan Confederacy, and was briefly settled by English colonists from Jamestown in 1609, and in 1610–1611. The present city of Richmond was founded in 1737. It became the capital of the Colony and Dominion of Virginia in 1780. During the Revolutionary War period, several notable events occurred in the city, including Patrick Henry's "Give me liberty or give me death" speech in 1775 at St. John's Church, and the passage of the Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom written by Thomas Jefferson. During the American Civil War, Richmond served as the capital of the Confederate States of America. The city entered the 20th century with one of the world's first successful electric streetcar systems, as well as a national hub of African-American commerce and culture, the Jackson Ward neighborhood.

rjsfeminist May 14th, 2012 01:42 PM

Hey, you'll have to head for the Florida Keys by way of the Everglades! I'll join ya!

Jennifer23 May 14th, 2012 08:38 PM

I think that alligators are cool.
And Wolfie, thanks for the Richmond info!

Synful_Poet May 14th, 2012 10:22 PM

Ohhhh,no.....no no NO! Absolutely no alligators!! My luck y'all would tie one to the roof with me!

What is it with everybody giving Jenn ideas!!! ;)

Jennifer23 May 15th, 2012 08:06 PM

You always make me laugh, Syn! We were considering tying a gator to the roof with you, but it would be a really cute baby gator . . .

Synful_Poet May 15th, 2012 09:42 PM

Great! Now all I have to worry about is my nose and fingers!!

Jenn- I live to serve.......up humor!! ;)

Jennifer23 May 15th, 2012 10:40 PM

Totally! And you do that. Luvya bein' here, girl.

Wolf_angel May 20th, 2012 06:18 AM

Some info I copied from Wikipedia.org about the Everglades and Florida Keys:

The Everglades are a natural region of subtropical wetlands in the southern portion of the U.S. state of Florida, comprising the southern half of a large watershed. The system begins near Orlando with the Kissimmee River, which discharges into the vast but shallow Lake Okeechobee. Water leaving the lake in the wet season forms a slow-moving river 60 miles (97 km) wide and over 100 miles (160 km) long, flowing southward across a limestone shelf to Florida Bay at the southern end of the state.

The Keys were originally inhabited by Calusa and Tequesta Native Americans. They were later found and charted by Juan Ponce de León in 1513. De León named the islands Los Martires ('The Martyrs') as they looked like suffering men from a distance[1]. "Key" is derived from the Spanish Cayo, meaning small island. For many years, Key West was the largest town in Florida, and it grew prosperous on wrecking. The isolated outpost was well located for trade with Cuba, the Bahamas, and was on the main trade route from New Orleans. Improved navigation led to fewer shipwrecks, and Key West went into a decline in the late nineteenth century.

Jennifer23 May 20th, 2012 09:09 PM

Good stuff!

DACDjr May 21st, 2012 06:31 AM

Hey!!! I hear there is good fishing in the Everglades :P

Jennifer23 May 21st, 2012 07:09 PM

There is good fishing there, if the gators don't get there first . . .

Synful_Poet May 25th, 2012 10:01 PM

Okay, will since we're going Florida......I'm putting in my request for Busch Gardens!! Pllleeeeaasse please, please, please!!!;)