Women Online Worldwide

Women Online Worldwide (http://www.wowwomen.com/boards/index.php)
-   Message Boards & Chat Help (http://www.wowwomen.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   What happened? (http://www.wowwomen.com/boards/showthread.php?t=4347)

Jennifer23 January 19th, 2013 06:25 PM

What happened?

Is it just me or did WOW disappear for a day?

Wolf_angel January 21st, 2013 09:33 AM

No it didnt....as far as I know then again being sick for a few days may have warped my time frame.

Synful_Poet January 21st, 2013 03:10 PM

LOL Oh, yes it did Wolfie! Wow, you must have really been down and out...either that or Jen and I got stuck in the same Twilight Zone. Btw...I hope you're feeling better! :)

PriscillaMS January 22nd, 2013 02:09 PM

Oh yeah, WOW disappeared. Trust me I noticed too.

Sysop January 23rd, 2013 02:37 AM

You're not stuck in the Twilight Zone. We had a minor server issue and, at the same time, there was a major snow dump in my area that caused widespread power and Internet outages. (I got to keep my power, but I lost my internet access.) The two outages weren't directly related, but they conspired to slow down the site repair a bit.

PriscillaMS January 23rd, 2013 11:24 AM

Thank you for the update. Really like the site and appreciate the effort to keep it running so well.

crazymomma January 24th, 2013 11:11 PM

Ya go out of town one day to take the teens to a concert and I miss all the excitement!! But the main band was great and it was fun.

Jennifer23 March 17th, 2013 06:31 PM

It's pretty dull here now. Where is everyone?!?

crazymomma March 17th, 2013 11:49 PM

It has been for a while. Not like it use to be Jen, when it was busy all the time and chat almost every night.

Jennifer23 March 18th, 2013 11:27 PM

Yeah.

PriscillaMS March 20th, 2013 07:13 AM

It does seem dull, or is it me?

Jennifer23 March 20th, 2013 10:12 PM

It's not you, Priss. Now we have only few members that come here. That's sad.

crazymomma March 21st, 2013 12:24 AM

It seems less and less of the wows are even on.

IRISH_EYES_99 March 21st, 2013 03:32 PM

I'm here. Had to take care of family business / health issues for the past 4 months. Will be on more often. Hope all is well with each of you. (((((((((( hugs ))))))))))) it's what I do best. ;)

crazymomma March 21st, 2013 10:41 PM

Irish, you and Willow are it. I know life happens and people get busy but I remember back when. Writer Chat and Craft Chat and your's and the game chats. The newer ladies don't remember any of it. I really miss it. :cry: :cry: :(

PriscillaMS March 22nd, 2013 06:37 AM

Writer chat????

IRISH_EYES_99 March 22nd, 2013 07:41 AM

((((((((( crazymomma ))))))))))))))))))) I remember them too. Had fun with them. Liked exploring subjects that got us all thinking. Especially issues with women's health. Fun subjects too. Like the virtual trips. Writer's chat and all. Who knows maybe down the road things will change again. In the meantime we can "chat" in here. If we could work out a time & day that we would be here at the same time! Ahhhh well.

Have an absolutely wonderful day. ((((((((((((( hugs for all ))))))))))))

IRISH_EYES_99 March 22nd, 2013 07:43 AM

Yes Priscilla, At one point for a number of years we had a writer's chat. We had many chats. Some serious, some comical, most informative along with having fun.

Have a grand day.

PriscillaMS March 22nd, 2013 01:52 PM

Thank you Irish. Too bad it was discontinued. I know I'd be interested.

crazymomma March 23rd, 2013 12:04 AM

The woman who ran that chat isn't here. Oh don't get me wrong Focus as far as I know is still alive and well. Thanks Irish. Not sure how we could work that would be nice.

IRISH_EYES_99 March 23rd, 2013 04:03 PM

Some I am still in touch with. Others have taking on real life as a full time job. ;) We are scattered here & there. Some in the USA, other's ... England, France, Isreal, Canada, & so forth. All the timelines are covered.

You know yourselves time elapses & reshapes our lives. You've seen it in yours though the years. When I first started chatting I had one grandchild he was just a little guy. He will graduate high school in May.. We went from having one to having 4, the youngest will be heading for 5th grade. Our time is spent watching them grow & mature. Once they each go their own way, you don't see them as much because the circle of life gets rounder & bigger and harder to stay in the loop of it. :)

Thanks for understanding. Life stands still for no one, or no thing. Even as we sleep at night life is still growing,moving & happening. Am I right? Go on have a great day, night.. you deserve it.

DACDjr April 2nd, 2013 12:13 AM

I miss the old days of WOW...

Shame we all grew up, got married had kids and realized there was life outside the computer.. LOL

IRISH_EYES_99 April 4th, 2013 11:03 PM

We did! rofl! I'm never going to grow up. ;)

DACDjr April 4th, 2013 11:25 PM

I am trying not to grow up! But it is going to happen!

crazymomma April 4th, 2013 11:30 PM

Ya know what they say girls, if you haven't grown up by the time you reach 50 you don't have to! ;) Irish and me is staying kids forever lol ;P

DACDjr April 5th, 2013 08:36 AM

This is true!

IRISH_EYES_99 April 5th, 2013 07:54 PM

You've got that right crazymomma, and if they don't like me the way I am. I say ..... GET OVER IT! :)

Oh my all of a sudden I've very tired. Was going to check out all the posts. Will have to do that tomorrow. Have been up since 3:30AM .. It caught up with me. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

crazymomma April 6th, 2013 12:21 AM

Get your well deserved zzz you've earned everyone Irish

Wolf_angel April 6th, 2013 12:44 PM

I have been busy with Father in Laws health issues....A-Fib of the heart, 20 pound weight loss due to that and severe gout that he hid from me. He was in the hospital from March 4 to the 16. Was started on blood thinning pills yet sent home without a script for 12 days and they wonder why I have an attitude? LOL Now finally getting somewhere on my own issues relating to my left foot. Possible rheumatoid arthritis but more testing is needed. New pain pill only works 9 out of 12 hours. Better than not at all. Also on steriods for the possible RA. Daughter had her son on March 13 8 pounds 21 inches long full head of hair. They are both doing fine. A frined of mine just lost his wife she was 31 years old...died from kidney failure due to too much insulin. Dont know if she knew this or not...but was also pregnant too. His daughter tried to take pills to join Mom but she is ok. He called this morning to tell me about a rifle and talked him out of it. Then two friends of mine who have been plagued with house fires...this was the third one died last night. Then husband says to me after I get his Dad's health back on track with pills and etc that my health can wait another few more months. Living in pain for 67 days isnt good. Foot going numb and ice cold not good either. So he wonders why I am mad...Gee I dont know. LOL Otherwise, loving my job. I have a few more hours with the new route. Just hope I have a summer job with this place. Hope you all are doing ok. Hugs Love you btw my new avatar picture is daughter with her newborn.

rjsfeminist April 10th, 2013 07:28 PM

Oh, (((Wolfie))), sounds like you've been through a lot lately. But then, you've had a rough couple of years. Wish we lived close enough so we could meet up for coffee or tea and a shoulder.

It's been so long since I've been here...I keep meaning to get back here a lot, but never quite get around to it. Things have been so crazy...But it's nice seeing Irish, Daccie, Wolfie, CrazyMama and Priscilla.

DACDjr April 11th, 2013 03:14 PM

This move to Illinois is taken a toll on me. Half the time I have no idea where the hell I am. Depression is kicking in, which I am assuming is normal when moving some place new and unfamiliar. Not knowing anyone is the hardest part of it all. Unsure of who you can actually rely on, who is telling the truth about a place or a person. It is like, you make a major life choice and then are like what the hell was I thinking? I don't know maybe I need to give it some more time, it has only been a month since the move. But lord the urges to run back to Indiana are very real..

I hope everyone is doing okay this Spring, hope the storms that rolled through the Midwest were not to bad on you and family.

From Bo and I...
Love and bug hugs!

Wolf_angel April 12th, 2013 09:00 PM

Well looks like I will be doing that here in due time as well. Hugs

IRISH_EYES_99 April 17th, 2013 08:22 AM

(((((((((((( DACDJr )))))))))))))))), Give it more time. Hang in there. Love you my friend. Keep me posted.

rjsfeminist April 22nd, 2013 07:53 AM

(((DACDJr))) Moves are always stressful. And when it's a big move - out of state, etc - forget it. Hope things start to feel more like home for you soon.

rjsfeminist April 22nd, 2013 07:58 AM

Finally got around to reading this whole thread...While I didn't get into the evening chats near as often as most WOW-ers, I did enjoy them when I'd show up. I remember bits and pieces of some of the chats...Also, it does seem that some of the women who used to be here years ago have been MIA longer than not.

Sigh...

Jennifer23 June 24th, 2013 06:25 PM

Sigh indeed.

DACDjr July 10th, 2013 07:45 PM

I am alive and well..... (then again are we ever really well?) ;)

Working full time in Bo's office now, payroll, booking loads, it's a mess. LOL

I hope all is well with everyone! <3

crazymomma November 15th, 2013 09:50 AM

I am soo sad to see what is happening here. I miss wow. The old WOW. I know emails are sent out to members and I hope ppl will read this. Ladies please please start posting again! take 5 minutes out of your time and post ANYTHING!!!!
To the ladies who come in and see what is her, please join in. It seems chat is no longer offered and I can see why. The last time I went into chat me and the wow where the only one there and the next this I knew poof it was gone.
I just don't want to see the powers that be close down the site.

Jennifer23 November 17th, 2013 02:13 PM

I agree, Momma.

rjsfeminist January 22nd, 2014 06:58 PM

I agree, too. So sad to see these boards just limping along. I really hope it picks up...soon! I'm going to try logging in here at least once a week...here's hoping. siiigh...