Women Online Worldwide

Women Online Worldwide (http://www.wowwomen.com/boards/index.php)
-   Meet the WOW Staff! (http://www.wowwomen.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   QuietWOW's Quaint English TeaRoom (http://www.wowwomen.com/boards/showthread.php?t=202)

QuietWOW January 14th, 2001 07:17 PM

When I'm not baking tempting goodies for my TeaRoom guests, I am often to be found chatting in one of the WOW rooms, most probably #LesbianSpace, as QuietWoman or in some other version of the 'QW' theme. I live in Manchester, England (which is just a little distance from Roman Chester and the TeaRoom) and I am sometimes a student and (confusingly):confused: sometimes a teacher :D

I love many things: music (of many kinds); books and poetry; plants and my garden; spending time with children, particularly my nephew and niece and ... I could go on ... :eek:

I hate bigotry and violence and spend a deal of my time working against them and their effects.

The TeaRoom is situated in an old Black and White building, in the corner of a cobbled courtyard, just beneath the Roman Walls in the ancient town of Chester. In the summer, guests can sit in the garden and have afternoon tea in the sunshine, whilst watching the ducks on the River Dee, which flows along beside the TeaRoom.:cool:

The TeaRoom's proprietor is busy just now, baking some fresh cakes :rolleyes: but she will doubtless come and say hello and offer refreshment, to any visitors who are kind enough to stop by ;)

SkyeWOW February 16th, 2001 12:28 AM

((((Quiet)))))

AuroraWOW February 16th, 2001 02:59 PM

((((((Quiet)))))) Nice tea room you have here. I should have put more thought into my couch! lol

ScribeWOW February 17th, 2001 12:28 AM

Hi Quiet!

<font size=5 color=green>Just stopping in to say hello.</font></font>

GiggleWOW February 17th, 2001 02:59 AM

(((((((QuietWOW)))))))

WahmWOW February 17th, 2001 01:54 PM

Sorry I was late! Had to go allllll the way to the store for some chocolates for Ms.WonderfulQuietWOW and her pretty new place. :)

Lou February 18th, 2001 11:05 AM

Good Morning (((((Quietude & Pino)))))!

I have missed you both.

NovaWOW February 18th, 2001 11:30 AM

{{{{Quiet}}}}

Just arrived and am hoping for Sunday morning tea and goodies!!!!!!!!!

QuietWOW February 18th, 2001 06:53 PM

Hello!

Isn't it awesome to be back?

<font size=+2><b>(((((Everyone)))))</font></b>

SereneWOW February 19th, 2001 02:37 PM

Ahhhh, so THIS is where everyone is! Nice to be here Quiet :-)

LondyG February 19th, 2001 06:25 PM

(((((Quiet)))))) Good to see you :)

bikerxena February 19th, 2001 09:02 PM

{{{{{QW}}}}} and {{{{{Pino}}}}} It is, indeed, awesome to be back! Your tea room sounds so inviting. If I ever make it across the pond, I'll definitely have to come see your lovely establishment!

PinoWOW February 20th, 2001 11:11 AM

I could sure use a cuppa something! I see all our friends found their way (myself included). Here's to our new home and everyone in it. /me raises cup.

<FONT SIZE=+3>*(*(*(*(*QW*)*)*)*)*</FONT> You're very patient when I grumble while you are trying to work. I'll simmer down now that I have a place to play.

(((((((Lou))))))))) Isn't this great????

((((((((bikerxena)))))))) Hey, have a refill.

((((((((LondyG)))))))) Chester is a damn long drive, ain't it? At least the cakes are good.

(((((((Nova))))))))) I'm just lucky I didn't lose my job... they say attendance counts.

SierraWOW February 20th, 2001 07:18 PM

Hiya Stranger!! Do ya miss me? <g>
|||:::""""QuietWOW"""":::|||

QuietWOW February 20th, 2001 07:37 PM

Wow! Look who's here

(((((Sierra))))) What a welcome surprise.

And ((((((Everyone))))))

But especially ((((*(MyGal)*)))) , Hiya ;)

Do y'all remember all those countdowns we used to have - waiting for a time when MsPino and I would be on the same side of the pond? Well, we're about to kick off again. In two weeks she has to go back Stateside - for a while - and then I'll have to spend 3 whole weeks here alone. Will I make it?

Now the boards are here, yup, I reckon I'll manage :D

Night, everyone :)

DotWOW February 20th, 2001 11:53 PM

((((((((((((((Qie))))))))))))Thank you so much for the call. I loves you my friend.

PinoWOW February 21st, 2001 07:33 AM

<FONT SIZE=+3>(((((((QW))))))))</FONT>

MoonWOW February 21st, 2001 10:07 AM

((((((Q-ie)))))))....gee I haven't been here yet??? I'm still in a state of confusion on these boards. Keep me posted!

QuietWoman February 21st, 2001 06:31 PM

<font size=+2>((*((*((All of You))*))*))</font>

I'm still just so happy we got our lovely new boards!

And to see all you wonderful friends here!!

:D :D :D :D

<font size=+2>(($(($((MyLass))$))$))</font> Especially you, hon. And your cheeky ways :D

MoonWOW February 21st, 2001 09:25 PM

I love when she says cheeky! ;)

((((Q-ie))))!

DanceWOW February 22nd, 2001 12:14 AM

{{{{{Quiet}}}}}

LondyG February 22nd, 2001 03:12 PM

(((((((Q)))))))) Well, if Spurs were playing up your way, I could combine a visit, but as they're not, I could stand at one end of the motorway and you at the other, and we could wave to each other... :D

CookieWOW February 22nd, 2001 09:36 PM

ring ring

(((((((((Q)))))))) it was wonderful to hear your voice. I miss you my friend!

QuietWoman February 23rd, 2001 03:58 AM

((((((Cookie-butt)))))) Thank you, twas my pleasure!

((((((Londy)))))) I'm not sure I can yell that loud! LOL

((((((Dancing one)))))))) :)

((((((Moon-ie)))))) Hey! Oops, still owe you that mail!

<font size=+2>((*((*((LovelyGirl))*))*))</font> Sigh :) :)

BirdWOW February 23rd, 2001 07:55 AM

Hi Quiet!

CookieWOW February 23rd, 2001 09:09 AM

ROFL cookiebutt?????? (((((((((Qbert)))))))))) ;-)

MoonWOW February 23rd, 2001 09:47 AM

Good morning ((((Q-ie))))! I'm following the Cookie one around here this morning and I just want you to know that she's the one who left the dirty dishes and tea cup...not ME!

tsk tsk

CookieWOW February 23rd, 2001 08:57 PM

rut roe

help... i've fallen and can't get up

Dawgie27 February 25th, 2001 01:51 PM

<font color=orange> {{{{{{{{ Quiet }}}}}}}}

Figured I would drop in for a spot of tea and say hiya!:)

TammyWOW February 25th, 2001 02:00 PM

I need to come back to London just so Quiet and Pino have an excuse to visit Londy :D

{{{{{{{{Quiet}}}}}}}}}}

{{{{{{{{*Her*}}}}}}}}}} <g>

ShopperWOW February 25th, 2001 02:41 PM

((((((((Q-tieWOW))))))))

Stopped by to say HOWDY!

/me leaves you an umbrella

roo February 25th, 2001 05:43 PM

Heh

((((((((Q)))))))))

shalomwow February 25th, 2001 08:01 PM

recipe

Hiya QW! I miss you! While I am here,do you have any recipes for scones????? I made cranberry scones that were fabulous but I want to try other recipes???

QuietWoman February 26th, 2001 04:53 AM

Goodness, this place has been busy. Well, the weekend away was beautiful. The tops of the hills were snow-frosted and the lakes were pretty as pictures - as always.

So, let's see, can I remember?

((((((((Moon-ie))))))))) Never fear, I *know* you don't leave messes.

(((((((Cookie-Small-One))))))) Did you get up yet? I'm not going to find someone lurking around in here when I start baking am I? <fret>

(((((((Bird))))))) Do you like scones?

(((((((Shalom))))))) Scones! Well, the traditional types here would be white raisin, cheese or cherry. And if you can make the cranberry ones then you can make these! Just try adding some white raisins, some cheese <b>or</b> some candied cherries </b>to your mix instead of the cranberries. Enjoy!

(((((((Dawgie))))))) We had a pal's doggie with us this weekend. She's kinda elderly (the pooch, not the pal :D) but very sweet. So we enjoyed seeing her.

((((((((ShoppingLass)))))))) How sweet of you to drop in!

(((((((Tammy))))))) Come back to England! Yay! Do you got a folder too now? I guess I'd best go see :-)

<font size=+3>((*((*((Chickadee))*))*)) /<font> You didn't get here yet, but I never let that hold me back :D

Dawgie27 February 26th, 2001 09:34 AM

<font color=orangered font size=6>
{ { { { { Quiet & Pino } } } } }

<font color=tomato font size=4>

Good morning ladies!:) Figured I would drop in for a cup of tea before starting my day! Have a great day! ;)

MoonWOW February 26th, 2001 09:35 AM

Good afternoon ((((Q-ie))))!!

CosmicWOW February 26th, 2001 02:10 PM

<b>
<font size=6>
HEY!!!

CAN I TALK REALLY LOUD AND YELL IN HERE, SO THAT I CAN HEAR THE ECHO OF A QUIET ROOM?

SereneWOW February 26th, 2001 06:36 PM

((((((Q))))))) Howdy doodie!

QuietWoman February 27th, 2001 05:09 AM

(((((Dawgie))))) Hey there, hon :)

(((((Moon-ie))))) How're you doing, my dear friend?

(((((Cosmic)))))) Shhhhhhh!!!! :D This is a quiet place! Maybe I need to give you some scones to keep you peaceful? lol

(((((Serene))))) Hey toots. It's snowing up here! What's it like down there?

<font size=+2>((*((*((MyGal))*))*))</font>

SereneWOW February 27th, 2001 06:43 AM

((((((Q))))))) It's (looking out of window) rather cloudy and I did feel earlier this morning that it might snow. But not cold enough, which usually seems to be the sign here that snow is due! Oh well, off to my "hippy trippy" dance class tonight...not sure what to expect, but it should be interesting at least :D

/me wanders out saying "peace maan, like dude, why the stress?..." :D :D