Women Online Worldwide

Women Online Worldwide (http://www.wowwomen.com/boards/index.php)
-   Grief and Loss (http://www.wowwomen.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Power of Prayer (http://www.wowwomen.com/boards/showthread.php?t=1044)

DACDjr December 4th, 2007 12:21 AM

Power of Prayer

(((((Roomies))))))

If ever the time for your shoulders to be needed, now is the time. I need to use everyones shoulders. I need that sister(s) to lean on.

My mom 'self' went into the hospital on Friday, she had a cold, wich turned out to be phnomonia (spelling) in both lungs. They found her heart to be beating at around 182 and so they stopped her heart and shocked it back into ryhthem (about 110) She was doing fine after that.

Around 4:30 Friday afternoon, she started crying and yelling for me. They gave her someting to calm her down and she cried for me, then she layed back and stopped breathing.

They put her on life support Friday afternoon, and are giving her a 40/60 chance of coming off of it. There is fluid in her lungs from the phnomomia (spelling) and it is causing her lungs to push on her heart. Which will cause her to go into cardiac arrest. Her heart is failing her now.

I see her laying there with all these wires and tubes going into her and I cry.. All I can do is cry. Last time I talked to her was Friday afternoon and I told her I would bring her some pepperoni pizza and she said okay I love you, I will talk to you tonight.
I went back up Friday night with her pizza. And she was on life support.

I never got to give her pizza....

Everyone, please say a little prayer for her. I know she will hear it. She really needs it now, more than ever.

(*(*(* Everyone *)*)*)

Melynn December 4th, 2007 02:05 AM

{{{{{{{{DACDjr}}}}}}}}

I'm so sorry. I know what a terrible time this is for you. You are both in my prayers.

She knows you brought the pizza.

Allie December 4th, 2007 11:58 AM

{{{{{DACDjr}}}}} My thoughts and prayers are with you and family.

Tiffin December 4th, 2007 03:10 PM

((((Dacd))))) Saying prayers for your mom. I'm sorry you are going through this troubling time. Its not easy to see one we love and care about in such a setting. We all are here to give a shoulder to lean on.

nobeefvv December 4th, 2007 03:30 PM

((((((((((Dacd)))))))))))

Prayers and Huggssss

LiamFan! December 4th, 2007 06:55 PM

{{{{{DACD}}}}}}

My thoughts are with your mom and you.

IRISH_EYES_99 December 4th, 2007 09:13 PM

((((((DACDJr & Self ))))))))))),
My prayers are with you. When you talk to her let her know that prayers are being said.
Know it's hard to stay strong in that setting. Let it our here. Do you have someone you can talk to, let your hair down with??? You need that.
Hang in there know we care.

(((((((( Extra hugs and prayers for you ))))))))).

shana1 December 6th, 2007 06:23 PM

(((((((( Dac )))))))) Know that your mom and you are in my prayers as well. I am so sorry you are going through this. My shoulder is here anytime!! Huggsss

DACDjr December 7th, 2007 07:58 PM

((((((((Everyone))))))))))

Thanks so much for your well wishes..

She has made a wee bit of progress today. They were able to decrease the amount of meds for her heart and blood pressure just a little.. They also were able to put her venolator settings
down from 100% to 95% today.. Which is a good..

They are not sure when (or if) she will make a full recovery. We are playing the waiting game now.

You all are a great group of gals..

And I love you all very much..
Thanks for the shoulders.

IRISH_EYES_99 December 7th, 2007 10:12 PM

(((((( DACDJr and Self )))))))))))),

That waiting game is hell. Don't give up hope. and know that you are both being thought of. And wishes for well being are added to it. Hang in there.

DACDjr December 11th, 2007 01:17 PM

In the last day or so things have gotten worse. She is back to 100% on vent. They had to shock her heart today. I am confused on so many levels, it is coming up on two weeks of her being this way. How much more do I let her take or how much more can she take?

Do I leave her alone, or do I take her off the vent and let her choose her own fait... Why does one have to choose....

(sigh)

IRISH_EYES_99 December 11th, 2007 01:45 PM

Awwwwww (((((((((( DACD))))))))))), Wish I had ans for you. Tough call!!!

Whatever call you make will be the right one. Trust in yourself. Do what you feel is best for your mom.
Wish I could be there with you, I am in heart.

Having to be so strong, I hope you are able to let your feelings out when you are alone, or better still with a close friend. ((((((((( extra hugs ))))))))))

My prayers are with you and your family.

((((((((( hugs for Self )))))))))))))

crazymomma December 13th, 2007 09:38 AM

((((((((DACD))))))) Hon, I am sorry sorry to hear the news of self and what you are going through. You are both in my thoughts and prayers. Sorry I didn't post sooner, I haven't been on much this month.

Prayer is the most powerful thing in this life. Your mom is exactly my age and I pray that what ever choice you make will come as God's will. Just know that what ever way you go as Irish said we are here for you.

I send you both all my love and prayers. If it's God will she will come back to you. Let her know how much she is loved and that we all pray she has the will to fight her way back to health.

Extra hugs and prayers.
DAC, Just got off the phone with my daughter (shimmering Unicorn) she sends her love and prayers to you both.

Wolf_angel December 13th, 2007 11:22 PM

Oh my

((((((((( Dacd ))))))))

My heart goes out to you and the family. I sure hope you realize you arent alone. Just come here and we'll hold ya, love ya and do our best to comfort ya during this hard time. I dont know why anyone has to go thru this yet it will make you stronger. Just know that as long as you have your sisters (WOW) then you are much stronger than you think.
Just like what IRISH and crazymomma said prayer is strong as well as I am there with you in spirit. Peace and love to you and your family! Extra hugs to your Mom.

Have a great day!:)

DACDjr December 14th, 2007 02:03 PM

((((Everyone))))

Just wanted to come on and thank everyone for you love and support.

I have made my desicion. If she is still the same Tuesday, I am going to let her go.It is what she would want.

I remember sitting with her and brushing her hair. Telling her I don't want her to ever go away. And she would tell me, everyone has to go meet the Lord someday, but she wasn't going any time soon. That was almost 20 years ago. She lived a good life and now it is time for her to go be with my Daddy and my Brother and the Lord...

Well wishes to all..

And happy Holidays!
Eat a cookie for me... ;)

Dac