Women Online Worldwide

Women Online Worldwide (http://www.wowwomen.com/boards/index.php)
-   Grief and Loss (http://www.wowwomen.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Power of Prayer (http://www.wowwomen.com/boards/showthread.php?t=1044)

DACDjr December 3rd, 2007 11:21 PM

Power of Prayer

(((((Roomies))))))

If ever the time for your shoulders to be needed, now is the time. I need to use everyones shoulders. I need that sister(s) to lean on.

My mom 'self' went into the hospital on Friday, she had a cold, wich turned out to be phnomonia (spelling) in both lungs. They found her heart to be beating at around 182 and so they stopped her heart and shocked it back into ryhthem (about 110) She was doing fine after that.

Around 4:30 Friday afternoon, she started crying and yelling for me. They gave her someting to calm her down and she cried for me, then she layed back and stopped breathing.

They put her on life support Friday afternoon, and are giving her a 40/60 chance of coming off of it. There is fluid in her lungs from the phnomomia (spelling) and it is causing her lungs to push on her heart. Which will cause her to go into cardiac arrest. Her heart is failing her now.

I see her laying there with all these wires and tubes going into her and I cry.. All I can do is cry. Last time I talked to her was Friday afternoon and I told her I would bring her some pepperoni pizza and she said okay I love you, I will talk to you tonight.
I went back up Friday night with her pizza. And she was on life support.

I never got to give her pizza....

Everyone, please say a little prayer for her. I know she will hear it. She really needs it now, more than ever.

(*(*(* Everyone *)*)*)

Melynn December 4th, 2007 01:05 AM

{{{{{{{{DACDjr}}}}}}}}

I'm so sorry. I know what a terrible time this is for you. You are both in my prayers.

She knows you brought the pizza.

Allie December 4th, 2007 10:58 AM

{{{{{DACDjr}}}}} My thoughts and prayers are with you and family.

Tiffin December 4th, 2007 02:10 PM

((((Dacd))))) Saying prayers for your mom. I'm sorry you are going through this troubling time. Its not easy to see one we love and care about in such a setting. We all are here to give a shoulder to lean on.

nobeefvv December 4th, 2007 02:30 PM

((((((((((Dacd)))))))))))

Prayers and Huggssss

LiamFan! December 4th, 2007 05:55 PM

{{{{{DACD}}}}}}

My thoughts are with your mom and you.

IRISH_EYES_99 December 4th, 2007 08:13 PM

((((((DACDJr & Self ))))))))))),
My prayers are with you. When you talk to her let her know that prayers are being said.
Know it's hard to stay strong in that setting. Let it our here. Do you have someone you can talk to, let your hair down with??? You need that.
Hang in there know we care.

(((((((( Extra hugs and prayers for you ))))))))).

shana1 December 6th, 2007 05:23 PM

(((((((( Dac )))))))) Know that your mom and you are in my prayers as well. I am so sorry you are going through this. My shoulder is here anytime!! Huggsss

DACDjr December 7th, 2007 06:58 PM

((((((((Everyone))))))))))

Thanks so much for your well wishes..

She has made a wee bit of progress today. They were able to decrease the amount of meds for her heart and blood pressure just a little.. They also were able to put her venolator settings
down from 100% to 95% today.. Which is a good..

They are not sure when (or if) she will make a full recovery. We are playing the waiting game now.

You all are a great group of gals..

And I love you all very much..
Thanks for the shoulders.

IRISH_EYES_99 December 7th, 2007 09:12 PM

(((((( DACDJr and Self )))))))))))),

That waiting game is hell. Don't give up hope. and know that you are both being thought of. And wishes for well being are added to it. Hang in there.

DACDjr December 11th, 2007 12:17 PM

In the last day or so things have gotten worse. She is back to 100% on vent. They had to shock her heart today. I am confused on so many levels, it is coming up on two weeks of her being this way. How much more do I let her take or how much more can she take?

Do I leave her alone, or do I take her off the vent and let her choose her own fait... Why does one have to choose....

(sigh)

IRISH_EYES_99 December 11th, 2007 12:45 PM

Awwwwww (((((((((( DACD))))))))))), Wish I had ans for you. Tough call!!!

Whatever call you make will be the right one. Trust in yourself. Do what you feel is best for your mom.
Wish I could be there with you, I am in heart.

Having to be so strong, I hope you are able to let your feelings out when you are alone, or better still with a close friend. ((((((((( extra hugs ))))))))))

My prayers are with you and your family.

((((((((( hugs for Self )))))))))))))

crazymomma December 13th, 2007 08:38 AM

((((((((DACD))))))) Hon, I am sorry sorry to hear the news of self and what you are going through. You are both in my thoughts and prayers. Sorry I didn't post sooner, I haven't been on much this month.

Prayer is the most powerful thing in this life. Your mom is exactly my age and I pray that what ever choice you make will come as God's will. Just know that what ever way you go as Irish said we are here for you.

I send you both all my love and prayers. If it's God will she will come back to you. Let her know how much she is loved and that we all pray she has the will to fight her way back to health.

Extra hugs and prayers.
DAC, Just got off the phone with my daughter (shimmering Unicorn) she sends her love and prayers to you both.

Wolf_angel December 13th, 2007 10:22 PM

Oh my

((((((((( Dacd ))))))))

My heart goes out to you and the family. I sure hope you realize you arent alone. Just come here and we'll hold ya, love ya and do our best to comfort ya during this hard time. I dont know why anyone has to go thru this yet it will make you stronger. Just know that as long as you have your sisters (WOW) then you are much stronger than you think.
Just like what IRISH and crazymomma said prayer is strong as well as I am there with you in spirit. Peace and love to you and your family! Extra hugs to your Mom.

Have a great day!:)

DACDjr December 14th, 2007 01:03 PM

((((Everyone))))

Just wanted to come on and thank everyone for you love and support.

I have made my desicion. If she is still the same Tuesday, I am going to let her go.It is what she would want.

I remember sitting with her and brushing her hair. Telling her I don't want her to ever go away. And she would tell me, everyone has to go meet the Lord someday, but she wasn't going any time soon. That was almost 20 years ago. She lived a good life and now it is time for her to go be with my Daddy and my Brother and the Lord...

Well wishes to all..

And happy Holidays!
Eat a cookie for me... ;)

Dac

IRISH_EYES_99 December 15th, 2007 08:51 AM

((((((((((( DACD )))))))))))) ((((((((( Self ))))))))))))),

My prayers and thoughts are with you.

You keep those good thoughts of your mom with you. (((((((( Extra hugs just for you )))))))).

Tiffin December 15th, 2007 03:11 PM

((((((((Dacd)))))))) Love surrounds you and your mother. I know she is very thankful and proud of you. Bless you for being there for her in such a loving and understanding way.

DACDjr December 16th, 2007 07:58 PM

((((((Ladies)))))))
With great sorrow I say, that self (mom) passed away at 3:01p.m today. She went in peace with me by her side.
I want to thank everyone for all of your thoughts and prayers, please know they were heard loud and clear. She is with the Lord now..

The best Christmas ever for her.

Dac

Tina Lynn
10-21-56 to 12-16-07
Rest in peace Mommy.......

Wolf_angel December 16th, 2007 09:39 PM

Oh darn!

((((((((( Dacd ))))))))))

My heart and thoughts go out to all of you during this time. Prayers are sent up on behalf of your family. Know that we are there in spirit with all of you.
Come in whenever you need to vent or whatever.
We are here with hugs and shoulders.

Bless all of you.

nobeefvv December 16th, 2007 10:44 PM

(((((((((((((((Dacd))))))))))))

Just know we're here for you.

Allie December 16th, 2007 11:13 PM

Extending deep and heartfelt sympathy to {{{{{DACDjr}}}}} and family.

IRISH_EYES_99 December 17th, 2007 01:54 PM

(((((((( DACDJr and family )))))))))))))),

Wishing you healing for your hurting.

(((((((( Self )))))))), Is smiling down on you. You did right by her. The best you could do. God bless.

crazymomma December 17th, 2007 09:53 PM

(((((DAC))))) Your know you did the right thing. Your Mom is at peace and with those who have gone before her. She would be proud as everyone has said. I am sorry to her she is gone but know she will not be forgotten.

MY thought and prayers to you and yours at this time. I let Shimmering Unicorn know and she sends you hugs and prays also.

DACDjr January 25th, 2008 08:51 PM

Hey everyone.. I need a place to vent and cry for a minute, hope no one minds.

Mom has been gone for a month and a few days now, and I can't get her out of my mind. I wait for her to walk in the door or call me, then I realize she isn't coming. I find myself crying more often than not anymore.

I feel like I am depressed, but then I don't. I try to do things with the kids to keep my mind off of her. Trust me, it doesn't work.

I can't help but feel like I should not have taken her off of that machine. That she would have gotten better. It would have just took time. I can't help but feeling she is mad at me for taking her off. I actually have nightmares about that.. She comes in all dead looking and starts cussing me out... Not a pretty sight.

I thought I could handle this by myself. But I can't. I drag myself out of bed every morning and fight to make it through the day.

Will it ever get any easier?

IRISH_EYES_99 January 25th, 2008 10:38 PM

awww (((((((( DACD))))))))),

A month is not a very long time. Time will help heal the wound.

Do you have someone close that you can you can talk to. Someone who will let you be yourself. It's ok to cry, it's even ok to get angry.

Keeping busy with the kids is good. But you need grieving time. Sometimes that can take a longer time than a month.

A month it's still fresh. Hang in there. Find someone you can be you with. It's ok.

It's better to deal with your emotions now rather than holding off. Sometimes holding off they get to big to deal with. I wish you healing .

Addie January 25th, 2008 10:38 PM

{{{{{{{{Dacd}}}}}}}}

The grieving and mourning period DOES get better! Unfortunately, you have something else here, and that's guilt! We can all tell you that you made the right decision, and we can all tell you that your mom isn't mad at you, and we can all tell you that she wasn't going to get better, but you have to believe that for yourself!

It was a terrible position to be in, my heart goes out to you. You made the right decision based on the information given to you. You saved your mom, your kids, and you, a lot of long and drawn out pain and suffering.

You should talk about it here, in chat, and from today until next year, whenever you want. But please, maybe you should also talk to someone well versed in this type of additional grief. That doesn't mean you shouldn't talk here!!! Talk, scream, yell, and cry! That's what these boards are here for.

I am so sorry that you had to make such a gut wrenching decision. You and your mom were very close. She loves you very much and she knows that you did for her what she couldn't do for herself.

Tiffin January 26th, 2008 01:09 AM

(((Dacd))))

What you feel is very normal at this stage of grief.

As Addie said you had additional burdens of being the one deciding something very emotional and difficult. This compounds the grief.

Grief process can take 3 months up to a few years. No one person is the same or do they go thru the process of grieving the same. There are different stages and you are still at the beginning of grieving for your Mom. Vent as often as you need to. All of us have done the same thing when we were there -

Gosh my Dad has been gone now since 2001 and wasn't very long ago something came up with one of our cars and I went to phone Dad so he could tell me that the charges where normal from the mechanic. As I dialed my parents home number is when I remembered Dad wouldn't be there to answer the question. This happens to lots of us when we have had a love one die.

IRISH_EYES_99 January 26th, 2008 09:25 AM

((((((((( DACD)))))))))))))) ((((((((Addie, Tiffin ))))))))))))))

DACD,

As Addie said you had a tough decision to make. You made the right choice for all. Second guessing now is normal.

A yr before my mom passed she was living at my sister's. She had cancer. I worked out a schedule with my family. On Thurs I would go to my sister's ( buses, trains . Then on Sun my hubby and the kids would pick me up. They would get to visit. My sister and her hubby could go out. It worked.

However my oldest daughter had a competiton in OHIO, that last Thurs and I wanted her to go. so many things that they did, she needed that. Needless to say.. That was the night my mom passed away. I wasn't there .

Guilt riddled me for a long time. Even though it was the first Thurs missed in a yr. Being there wouldn't have changed anything.

Riddled with the What if's? If Only's?? It took a long time for me to work though that.

Now with my oldest sister passing, hubby getting sick, and a good friend getting killed. My emotions have been on a wild ride.

Thought I could handle everything, thought wrong. Realizing that now.

Giving myself a gift of seeing a counselor. It will be someone who is not on the roller coaster ride, that I
can talk to.

Sincerly hope ((((((((( DACD)))))))))) that you can find someone to talk to. These boards are great. Thanks (((((((Addie )))))))))

(((((((( Tiffin ))))))))))))), called my mom's number forever after. So it seemed. They didn't give her number away for a yr. ..

We did have Chinese for New Year, but couldn't on birthday because it was something Ann and I did that for yrs celebrating our birthdays. ( she considered me her belated birthday present.. 8 yrs and a week between us.) It was a rough time this yr. The last time we celebrated was inbetween her hospital stints.

((((((((((((( DACD )))))))))))))) extra hugs just because. Didn't mean to run off at the mouth like that. But letting it stay.

Tiffin January 26th, 2008 12:29 PM

((((((((Irish)))))))

You are about the kindest person I know and hope things get easier for you, I'm sorry to hear these. So many thing going on for you and yes you are giving yourself an wonderful gift!

Getting professional help is one of the best ways to relieve troubling aspects of our lives.

Sometimes we just need that to be told we are normal for feeling the way we do, and that we are proceeding in the right direction. And sometimes we just need to hear of another option of ways to do things.

You all are in my thoughts daily!

DACDjr January 26th, 2008 11:46 PM

Deep down inside I know I did the right thing. But on the surface I am not sure. I am sure one of these days it will click that it was right. I am seeking help. The hospital holds weekly group session to help cope with loss. It does help to vent to strangers, and to hear from other people who have lost their mothers.

A lady told me today it will get better. In time you will heal. But there will always be a wee part of you that will hurt. Because she was your mom. And no one can replace her. Just live day by day. And cherrish the memories you have of her, and she will stay alive in your heart forever.

I miss her so much.

Thank you all for letting me 'vent'. Each and everyone of you have helped me out the last month. You always have a calm in your voice and a gentle hug. If I could hug you I would. Thanks for being there.

(((( Your name here )))))

rjsfeminist May 18th, 2008 12:04 PM

Hey, (((DAC))), just spotted this post. How are you doing?

DACDjr July 10th, 2011 03:51 AM

Dear, Mom

I know I have not talked to you in awhile. But I have a special request.
When you see grandma give her a hug for me and tell her I love her and I will
see her again. I love you both and miss you so much.

Virginia May
7-17-36 ~ 7-10-11

IRISH_EYES_99 July 10th, 2011 02:50 PM

(((((((((( DACDjr )))))))))))))) My prayers are with you & your family.

DACDjr July 10th, 2011 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DACDjr (Post 63837)
Dear, Mom

I know I have not talked to you in awhile. But I have a special request.
When you see grandma give her a hug for me and tell her I love her and I will
see her again. I love you both and miss you so much.

Virginia May
7-17-36 ~ 7-09-11

Sorry grandma passed @ 11:49 p.m Saturday June 9, 2011
There was a mix up in the relay of the time..

IRISH_EYES_99 July 10th, 2011 09:28 PM

(((((((((( DACDjr)))))))))))) just because. So sorry for your loss.

Jennifer23 July 11th, 2011 10:57 PM

I'm with you DACDjr. When our time comes, it would be so nice to be with the people that we loved so much here.

StacyH. July 22nd, 2011 03:33 PM

yes I agree, I think we all meet up and hug and have no worries in heaven

Jennifer23 July 23rd, 2011 06:48 PM

Stacy, I'm hoping that it's true. I pray every day, but I'm not a "Born Again", I'm a Godian.

IRISH_EYES_99 July 25th, 2011 12:47 AM

Wow! To me Prayer is one of the strongest remedies for all that comes our way. Sometimes if life seems to throw punches that you feel are to stong to handle.. I toss them back & say it's in your hands again. :)

Jennifer23 July 25th, 2011 10:08 PM

I say that everyday, Irish.