Women Online Worldwide

Women Online Worldwide (http://www.wowwomen.com/boards/index.php)
-   Computers and Technology (http://www.wowwomen.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   PC Help (http://www.wowwomen.com/boards/showthread.php?t=126)

AuntieWOW January 12th, 2001 11:36 PM

PC Help

Questions? Problems? Comments? Helpful Tips?

silent_no_more July 28th, 2001 08:10 PM

Help me...please?

Ack! I've changed everything I need to on the new and improved Pirch. Now that everything is changed, I can't get in because my user name is invalid. I even printed out the changes. Please, somebody help me became legal! I am a law abiding citizen only to be told by this box of mine AKA: computer, that I am invalid. Boy, talk about my pride being hurt, LOL!

How do I become legitimate? Any and all help is appreciated.

Thank you,
Silent_no_more
AKA: creative_scrawl

Sysop July 29th, 2001 10:20 AM

Be sure you have the @ after your username :)

fay@yahoo.com October 21st, 2001 04:10 AM

New to this internet business.

How long does it take to become proficient in getting around the sites. I have spent hours on this arvo as part of a course. It has been a learning curve and I'm glad I've ended up here. I will be back.

DACDjr February 27th, 2002 09:46 AM

Morning everyone!

I have a few questions from my mom....

First how mych color on your computer do you need to be able to get online?
She has 16bit.. Does she need more?

Second, How do you raise the video resalution on your computer from 4bit to 16 bit?

Any help would be great!

((( all )))

LiamFan! February 27th, 2002 09:23 PM

Since Mac SEs can go online, and are B&W...I'm not sure color is required to go online, even with a PC.

Terri February 28th, 2002 09:31 AM

Right click on a blank part of your desktop and you will get a menu prompt, click on properties and a screen will appear, choose the settings tab you will see where you can select your resolution for your screen. Or you can go through Control Panel then select Display and then settings...either or. Depending on the age of the computer it will give you several selections, mine is set on True Color 24 bit.

DACDjr February 28th, 2002 03:09 PM

ok now she only has 16bit on hers.. that is all the computer has.. lol
I dont know I think she needs to go get a new one..lol
Thanks for the help!

trew March 2nd, 2002 05:57 PM

16 bit color is fine for most users Dac...
I like using a computer, I'll take 16 bit color over another connection form, any day of the week!

Tala March 11th, 2002 10:40 AM

Help......

:hi: Here is my problem..........
I bought some printer ink and in the box it came in was a card maker same company that made my computer. Anyway,
since then it has messed up my computer when it comes on. I deleted the document but I still have many windows to go thru before i can boot up my computer. :( Now I did go check about my programs that were added and found the one i believe it is. However, how do i get it to run so that I can see so that I may delete it.:rolleyes: Thanks for all of you help :)

anniejoan May 22nd, 2002 08:03 AM

Cleaning keyboard

If you have flat artist/craft brushes
that are worn out and no longer used for painting, they work great for cleaning between the keys. I use one of my old 1/2 flats. It really works well at getting out the dust etc.

sunflower January 27th, 2003 11:39 AM

PC problem

Hello I down loaded the mIRC but when I come on 2 channel I have 2 pop up boxs then I have 2 close them and join the channel.I also want to change my s to a capital. It seems to work better if I log on on the site first.Then use the mIRC.

Thank you

annebebe January 27th, 2003 07:35 PM

Have also downloaded mIRC, and get lost very quickly! I think Maximus is the expert for any questions! Hope I'm right!?!!

gsf January 14th, 2004 07:58 PM

Would anyone know how do we use "Sys Rq" button in a keyboard?

gsf January 14th, 2004 09:07 PM

I'm sorry.Would anyone know how we use "Sys Rq" button in a keyboard?