Women Online Worldwide

Women Online Worldwide (http://www.wowwomen.com/boards/index.php)
-   Computers and Technology (http://www.wowwomen.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Miscellaneous (http://www.wowwomen.com/boards/showthread.php?t=139)

AuntieWOW January 12th, 2001 10:51 PM

A spot for general questions about navigating the internet.

tantelise April 17th, 2001 02:13 AM

TalkCity?

Dang! What happened to WOWWomensSpace on TalkCity? I was tried to go there a few minutes ago, and got a message that it was no longer available. (That's what I get for not visiting more often!) Could someone please email me the current addy or name?
Thanks SO MUCH in advance!

Lisa D in PA
(tantelise -- y'all remember me, right?)

MommaD April 17th, 2001 01:00 PM

TalkCity has also cut out their free email service. I'm betting the web pages go next.

/me waves good-bye to TalkCity!

Lou May 1st, 2001 12:25 AM

O WOW! (((((Tammy))))) That is cool! :cool:

Tala March 24th, 2002 05:19 PM

Floppy disks

Help :( I just found out I have to reset my computer which is ok but now that I have many things online how do I use floppy disks to save things from my favorites? Can anyone help me? Please and many thanks:)

MommaD March 24th, 2002 10:04 PM

To export your favorites list in Internet Explorer:

Click File
Click Import and Export
Follow Prompts

My Netscape is old (Ver. 4.76) but I would think the process would remain similar. To export your favorites list in Netscape:

Click Communicator
Click Bookmarks
Click Edit Bookmarks
Click File
Click Saveas
Save as desired

If you are using another type of browser or if you are on a Mac, someone else may have to jump in here with your answer. :)

Sunshine April 21st, 2002 06:51 PM

MommaD! Look at you....! So nice of you to be out there helping out! Hugs! Sunshine :)

Angel_Wolf July 17th, 2002 06:24 PM

Wow

(*(*(*( Momma D )*)*)*) What an :angelic: Thanks! :D Hope you are having a great day! Now my other question is: How do I improve my posted messages on here? Like for instance I wanted to put the hugs with Momma D in larger letters yet keep same color. Thank you and remember to have a great day! :D

annebebe January 21st, 2003 05:31 PM

WOW is whow!! And I'm using everything............but!
In my Options, I see that I am currently 'subscribed to no forums'. I cannot find out what this means, or if I am missing anything! I cannot imagine there is more?!?!? lol

crazymomma January 29th, 2004 10:13 PM

HI! Can anyone help me? I have been trying to get in the chat rooms at wow.I am using a webtv unit and can't find the right irc. The link on the chat page doesn't work for womens space. I thought I was doing it right but, tonight when chat was there I came into an empty room. So, any help I'd love. Thanks girls

sunflower January 31st, 2004 09:20 AM

(((((((((((Annebebe))))))))))))

So nice to see you Anne

Allie January 31st, 2004 05:02 PM

crazymomma,

When we switched to ICQ there was a discussion of webtv users and how to get into the room.

Go to > Forum Information > Announcements & Updates > Chat Server Connection Issues

Maybe the information there will help you.

crazymomma February 2nd, 2004 08:38 AM

((((Allie)))) Thank you so much!!! :) I feel a little silly that I didn't see that. I'd been hunting for that info for over a week! It's kind of like when you set down your car keys and you rip the house apart looking for them only to find they've been in your pocket. :) Have a great day and thank you again.

firewife2104 September 13th, 2005 10:24 PM

Im hoping someone can help. How do I tell how many posts I have made? I have searched but still not seeing anyting.:eek:

Allie September 13th, 2005 10:47 PM

Just find one of your post and click on your pic (Avatar.) It takes you to your page with the information.