Women Online Worldwide

Women Online Worldwide (http://www.wowwomen.com/boards/index.php)
-   Diet and Nutrition (http://www.wowwomen.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Breakfast snacks (http://www.wowwomen.com/boards/showthread.php?t=1674)

BlueSkyBlue January 5th, 2009 02:13 PM

Breakfast snacks

Hey guys, I'm from LA and looking for some new healthy breakfast ideas. I've been alternating Fage yogurt with granola and honey and Grape Nuts with mango and kiwi. Anyone have some other ideas? Thanks.

buttercupgal1 August 11th, 2009 09:07 PM

I live in LA too! I love traditional breakfasts, but a possible healthy alternative would be a healthy protein breakfast burrito. Egg whites cooked up with lean chicken breast, or even morningstar chicken strips or nuggets, wrapped in a yummy spinach or tomato tortilla and topped with fresh salsa! MMMMM, I'm hungry now

gurl May 18th, 2010 10:12 PM

One that I like is to just spread half an avocado between 2 slices of toast. It is greasy enough that you don't even need butter or margarine, but the oils are better for you.

4 slices uses up the whole avocado and makes a really nice breakfast. Saves getting into the bacon and eggs. It's really fast and simple.

It's quite a bit different from having ice cream for breakfast. You don't feel like having a few more helpings when the first is gone. (Oops, that slipped out.)

Wolf_angel May 19th, 2010 08:12 AM

LOL ok never had that yet may try sometime soon Gurl. Thanks for the ideas.

PoohsBigSister June 7th, 2010 09:46 PM

im totally a multi-grain cheerios and milk girl. :)

Wolf_angel June 8th, 2010 11:45 AM

LOL I am too as well as wanting to make a smoothie for myself. :)

kennymevrick September 3rd, 2010 01:37 AM

Well You can take fruit juice and also one that I like is to just spread half an avocado between 2 slices of toast. It is greasy enough that you don't even need butter or margarine, You can also take eggs and mushroom for healthy breakfast.

Sassysam January 7th, 2011 05:07 PM

I am a mini wheats fan. They are high in calories compared to cheerios, but at least they fill you up for HOURS!

JoJo1 January 7th, 2011 05:25 PM

Oatmeal for me. I eat it almost every morning. I top it several different ways not to get bored with it. fruit/honey/nuts

Elusive Unicorn January 7th, 2011 08:12 PM

Wonders if coffee is a meal? Sometimes I can't eat when I frist get up. As food to early upsets my tummy. Now it's never to early for coffee!<g>

crazymomma January 7th, 2011 11:26 PM

:eek::eek::cackle::cackle:you ain't right!!

Elusive Unicorn January 8th, 2011 02:11 PM

You should know you raised me.LOL I don't get hungrey until around 11am. I have brunch around that time.

gurl January 9th, 2011 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elusive Unicorn (Post 60684)
I don't get hungrey until around 11am. I have brunch around that time.

A beer is the only thing that gets me up in the afternoon.

Elusive Unicorn January 14th, 2011 07:37 PM

I'm thinking of making bananna muffins in the am. Muffins are one of the few things that I can eat before 11am. I like blueberry, mixed berry, carrot....now that I think about it I don't think thiers a muffin I don't like. Maybe bran but I've never tried that one.

crazymomma January 14th, 2011 10:28 PM

What time should I be there? lol As for me I have been known a time or 2........... ok more than 2 but who's counting? I love my DD vanilla coffee x x with a shot of blueberry with a blueberry muffin. Great way to start the day.