Women Online Worldwide

Women Online Worldwide (http://www.wowwomen.com/boards/index.php)
-   The WOW Kitchen! (http://www.wowwomen.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   When you think of Summer foods... (http://www.wowwomen.com/boards/showthread.php?t=1748)

JustADream June 5th, 2009 03:57 PM

When you think of Summer foods...

When I think of summer and foods I enjoy, I think of BBQ's!

I always look forward to grilling.... anything from chicken and seafood to fruits and veggies :)

Anyone have good summer grilling or any other summer recipes?

StacyH. June 6th, 2009 02:34 AM

Here is one I like to do for the kids

RECIPE INGREDIENTS:
Lime sherbet
Green decorators' gel
Junior Mints
Green gummy ring candy
1. To make one, set a scoop of lime sherbet on a small green paper plate (trim the plate to resemble a lily pad first, if you like).

2. Cut one green gummy ring candy into quarters and place the four pieces under the sherbet scoop for feet.

3. Set a Junior Mint candy and half a gummy ring in place for each eye. Finally, add a green decorators' gel mouth and nostrils.

rjsfeminist June 6th, 2009 08:06 PM

Oooh, love BBQ! I always think of watermelon and homemade ice cream (not necessarily together, though!)

JustADream June 8th, 2009 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StacyH. (Post 57043)
Here is one I like to do for the kids

RECIPE INGREDIENTS:
Lime sherbet
Green decorators' gel
Junior Mints
Green gummy ring candy
1. To make one, set a scoop of lime sherbet on a small green paper plate (trim the plate to resemble a lily pad first, if you like).

2. Cut one green gummy ring candy into quarters and place the four pieces under the sherbet scoop for feet.

3. Set a Junior Mint candy and half a gummy ring in place for each eye. Finally, add a green decorators' gel mouth and nostrils.

That sounds adorable and yummy! Thanks for sharing :)

Do you have any pictures of it??

JustADream June 8th, 2009 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjsfeminist (Post 57047)
Oooh, love BBQ! I always think of watermelon and homemade ice cream (not necessarily together, though!)

Mmmm watermelon is definitely a summer favorite of mine... it's so refreshing :)

For bbqing...I love making kabobs with lots of veggies (zucchini, onions, mushrooms...) and chicken. They are really good with a dipping sauce too... There's actually a great recipe on the Just Add BBQ blog for Chicken Kabob Dippers that has an idea for a bbq dipping sauce. Thought it was a cool idea.

Sometimes I'll even add pineapple or other fruits to the kabobs!

BlueSkyBlue June 12th, 2009 07:16 PM

When I think of summer, I think of watermelon as well. I also think of gelato and frozen yogurt :-9. As for BBQ's, I just throw things on the grill like burgers and hotdogs.

StacyH. June 13th, 2009 01:24 AM

You know I looked and no I don't have a pic but next time I make it I sure will take one and post it on my profile. Sound good ??? Now for BBQ I love to do my baked potatoes, in the grill. Right on top the coals after they have sat for awhile. Yummmmm !!!!

LofSandra July 19th, 2009 10:54 AM

BBQ is indeed one of the best things to do and actually watermelon and ice cream can work. :)

rjsfeminist July 19th, 2009 07:36 PM

I guess it depends on the mood, LofSandra! :) BTW, welcome to the boards!

LofSandra July 20th, 2009 10:16 AM

It really does. Vanilla + Watermelon is just great, at least from my perspective. :)

Thanks for having me.

Wolf_angel October 24th, 2009 10:49 AM

Welcome to WOW! In here as well as in the chat rooms you will find lots of love. We are like another extended family! :) So remember today is going to be looking for goblins, ghouls and ghosts! :)
Have a great day!:)

crazymomma October 25th, 2009 07:42 AM

((((((Wolf Angel)))))) I've looking but haven;t found any yet. I'm so far behind! :)

mical887 March 29th, 2012 09:00 AM

thanks for sharing this topic.

taschevapartner June 19th, 2012 08:02 AM

I love eating a lot of salads at the summer time. Yesterday I made one with some carrots, beetroot, half an apple, lemon juice, mustard, honey and olive oil. It was great. :)