Women Online Worldwide

Women Online Worldwide (http://www.wowwomen.com/boards/index.php)
-   Travel (http://www.wowwomen.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Vacations! (http://www.wowwomen.com/boards/showthread.php?t=200)

QuietWOW January 14th, 2001 06:40 PM

I did it! I saved the money!

Now, where should I go?
Advice and information here!

tupi February 22nd, 2001 09:16 AM

Okay I'll go first. I want to take the coolest vacation ever. I want to go to Belize and hike in the rain forest there. I'd like to take a boat cruise down the Amazon River, too.

What I'm going to do is much less exciting. I'm going to drive up to VA to pick up hubby after he finishes another two week hike along the Appalachian Trail. (He's hiking it in stages.) I'm going to go to CA with hubby and crew for him while he does a 100 mile marathon. I might get up to Washington DC to visit some areas there and see some friends. I might go to Las Vegas and meet some friends there.

It doesn't look like I'll make it to Belize this year.

LiamFan! February 22nd, 2001 11:29 AM

I'm seriously thinking about England and Scotland.

Now, whether I'll get there or not is another issue. But I'm thinking about it!

BirdWOW February 22nd, 2001 12:15 PM

Which philosopher believed that the only perfect image was in thought? Wasn't that Plato? I'm thinking about going to Belize, too....and it's a perfect thought!

LiamFan! February 22nd, 2001 12:33 PM

{{{Bird}}}

I like that.

Lou February 23rd, 2001 12:24 AM

Follow That Image

Oh man. Getting those images is dangerous. That's the kind of thinking that has always and finally led me to the places I've seen. So that, now, I know that when the image of a place sits in my mind for a while, I'm eventually going there. I have wanted for a while now to see Saigon. And recently, a small ship cruise company that I have traveled with before sent me brochures of a new route they have in Southeast Asia that includes, guess what, Saigon.

(((((Travelers)))))

QuietWoman February 23rd, 2001 04:06 AM

The Amazon? Saigon? WOW - you're brave!

We're going to the Lakes this weekend, does that count? :D (English lakes, btw).

I'm still hoping Liam really will come over here :)

Lou February 23rd, 2001 10:41 AM

Lake Country

(((((Quietude))))) Hi! I've not been to the Lake Country. If I were to go there, I'd stand around at sounding cataracts and say, "I cannot paint what then I was." :rolleyes:

tupi February 24th, 2001 02:46 PM

Oh, I like nice quiet places for a while! One of my favorite places is Cade's Cove in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. It's lovely and peaceful.

I crave adventure, though. I love walking on the wild side.... /me shakes her head..now I'll never get that song out of my mind...Lou Reed and I will be company all day long.

roo April 28th, 2001 02:02 PM

Be very careful Lou. All around the South China sea, especially near Viet Nam, the water is polluted with real-live pirates who shoot first. We were chased by pirates who kept shooting over our bow the last time I sailed there.

I want to go to the South Island of New Zealand. I want to go to Anarticia. I want to go to Patagonia. Then I can say I have been on every continent or major island before I died. (Except, I'd be dead and would only speak through a ouiji board I guess.)

And I want to go fly fish in Alaska, Scotland, and Nova Scotia. Iceland too! And I miss Germany and England. I've been in one place too long! 3 years is the record for me!

SereneWOW May 22nd, 2001 06:10 AM

I really want to go to the Great Barrier reef. Been to most other parts of Australia, but missed that out...no, I don't know why either :D Japan is also a "must do" and maybe I'd remember some of the Japanese classes I attended, as I certainly can't recall much at the moment!
Drifting (well sort of, but not quite, with someone steering) through Venice on a gondola is pretty wonderful.

Liam, come on over! The natives are friendly and the scenery is to behold. Roo, you and Merms should come on over. Heading out to some of the small villages around, you could fish, and we could shop! :cackle:

One point of information. If you go to the Lakes here, make sure you have your own transport. It would seem they like folk to hike otherwise! ;)

Oh, and I've been to the South Island of New Zealand. Touching a glacier there was a pretty amazing moment.

Jendoc June 7th, 2001 12:06 AM

I have always wanted to go to Egypt to see the Pyramids, temples and tombs of the ancient Kings and Queens! I know I will someday soon!
I have also always wanted to go on a safari trip to see the animals of Africa. I guess I am drawn there because my grandfather was a veterinarian in Tanzania for years. I have heard so many wonderful stories that I just want to see it for myself! It will happen.I am confident of that!:)
I love planning vactaions. It's so much fun!

"There's no one to stop you but yourself."
-- R. David Thomas

tupi June 13th, 2001 09:18 PM

Oh JenDoc that sounds so lovely. I'd love to see the pyramids, too. Actually, I'd like to visit Machu Pichu. I think that would be spriritual.

I'm going to northern California in a few days to work with my husband's running team. I'm the support crew. They are running a 100 mile race along the America River on the Western States Trail. It's quite a challenge, and I'm looking forward to the adventure. After the race, I'm going to San Franscisco to spend a couple of days with friends in the Bay area. It's a nice way to see the country, but to be honest...I don't feel like I'm getting much of a vacation out of it. Much of the trip is revolving around my husband's running team, and frankly, while they are all very nice people, there's something screwy about <u>wanting</u> to run for 100 miles! They're nuts!

Good think I can still picture Belize in my mind....

Lou February 12th, 2002 11:25 PM

Anyone traveling? My travel has been curtailed because my old significant other has been too unwell to hit the road, and my older daughter is waylaid by her 2-year-old and now a second pregnancy.

What's a wanderer to do? LOL I've found friends who want to go places as much as I do. On Friday, I and two friends are heading to NYC for the 4-day weekend. And in early March, I am going to New Orleans for a conference. I've not seen either of these cities, so I am excited.

DLC55 February 13th, 2002 10:01 PM

(((Lou))) We traveled through New York when I was a child. I don't rememebr much of it. A few years ago, I took one of the cruises in the river along the New York shoreline and to the Statue of Liberty, it was a sight to behold!