Women Online Worldwide

Women Online Worldwide (http://www.wowwomen.com/boards/index.php)
-   Home Improvements & Gardening (http://www.wowwomen.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Gardening (http://www.wowwomen.com/boards/showthread.php?t=240)

MagnusPI February 17th, 2001 06:00 PM

I love to spend my time working the earth! There is nothing like the feel of dirt and the taste of food that you pulled from your own garden!

What ever kind of garden you have, please share ideas and hints!

QuietWoman February 18th, 2001 07:15 AM

It's more flowers with me, Magnus - but I do adore gardening. Right now everything's just beginning to come to life again. The flowers buds on the bulbs are just breaking through. This is a wonderous time of the year - so much promise!

DrHilieWho February 18th, 2001 08:48 PM

I miss having a garden so much, but this landlord won't hear of it. Is anyone out there container gardening? I think I'm going to try it this year.

MagnusPI February 19th, 2001 06:31 PM

I the only thing I have tried to grow in containers is catnip! I know they sell little kits these days though!

MommaD February 19th, 2001 10:48 PM

I tried to garden once. The neighbors called the Plant Abuse hotline on me. ;)

DrHilieWho February 20th, 2001 08:40 AM

ROFL MommaD!

Well...I've got an Ivy Plant. Hopefully it will stay alive for a little while.

Tammy February 25th, 2001 03:39 PM

I killed a chia pet *sigh*

I do really enjoy working in the yard and planting stuff, but I never can keep it alive. This is the first year in ::counting:: almost 4, I think, that we've had a yard of our own. I'd absolutely LOVE to flower it up some!

{{{{{DrHilieWho}}}}} I'm blessed with a very cool landlord.. as long as we leave the walls standing, he doesn't really care what we do <g>

MagnusPI February 25th, 2001 08:02 PM

how does one kill a chia pet? Is that like killing catcus? I don't think I'll have much of a veggie garden this year. I am hoping to plant some potatoes ( they are super easy to grow) and maybe cucumbers. I had no luck with tomatoes last year. Perhaps I will leave them in the house a bit longer this year.

Tammy February 26th, 2001 02:22 AM

ROFL!!!

Well Mags, if I knew how I killed it, it wouldn't be dead now would it? :D

{{{{{{{{Magnus}}}}}}}}}}

QuietWoman February 26th, 2001 07:07 AM

My *garden* is all in containers. About 150 of them! My rule is this: try it out and if it dies then maybe it wasn't a suitable plant for container gardening :D

DLC55 February 26th, 2001 08:28 AM

Magnus, if you plant potatos, you can "can" some for the winter. There's nothing better than dumping a jar of taters in a saucepan and adding a little butter or adding them to a stew or soup. I was once told it couldn't be done, I proved them wrong:)

<font size=1>someone shoulda called the hotline on Tammy for killing a chia... :p

MagnusPI February 27th, 2001 02:50 AM

DLC that is an awesome idea. Trouble is that my spuds don't normaly make it more then a week after I pull them up. Seems a certain someone could live on tators alone.

Tammy I can picture you with a water can standing over a pig shaped pot with dea leafs hanging every where!

DLC55 February 27th, 2001 03:17 AM

LOL Magnus, I used to go to the garden and dig up the small new potatoes. Their the best ones! It used to make everyone so mad when I did that.

MagnusPI February 27th, 2001 03:22 AM

DLC I am going to get those flower bulbs up out of the garden and on the way to one of these days.

DLC55 February 27th, 2001 03:46 AM

{{{{Mags}}}} whenever you get to it is fine. Thanks:)