Women Online Worldwide

Women Online Worldwide (http://www.wowwomen.com/boards/index.php)
-   Music (http://www.wowwomen.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Country Music (http://www.wowwomen.com/boards/showthread.php?t=64)

AuntieWOW January 12th, 2001 10:36 PM

Country Music - Love it or Loathe it?

LiamFan! May 23rd, 2001 12:14 PM

Looking around...I am POSITIVE there are people here who know more about country music than I do.

Once in a while, I turn on that GAC video channel and look at cowboys...I like Alan Jackson, I think he's a cutie. (I'm a sucker for blonds)

I like Vince Gill (I like brunettes...ROFL)

Lee Ann Womack...I got turned on to her brilliance by DonnaWOW.

Faith Hill is just flat out pretty...but is she talented?

I don't like Shelby Lynne.

Lou May 23rd, 2001 02:59 PM

I know little about country music, except that my cousin John Barlow Jarvis wrote "I Still Believe In You," performed by Vince Gill, and the piece won best song in the Country Music Awards back in, oh, 1993.

ScoobyWOW July 16th, 2001 11:12 AM

Woooooooooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooooooo!! Country ROCKS! Name a group and I know their songs! lol

And if you want to know anything about Wynonna or the Judds I am the gal to ask..lol! Anything from their given names to albums to awards they have won! :)

Hmmm can ya guess who my fav singer is?? LOL

I also love Martina McBride, Joo Dee Messina, Jamie O'neal, The Dixie Chicks, and Reba.

I met Steve Wariner when he was 16 and playing lead guitar in friends of my parents band. He could play a mean guitar even at 16. I also have met Ricky Skaggs. Neighbors of mine grew up with him. I went over to their house one afternoon and there was Ricky sitting in their living room playing his guitar and singing! It was WAY cool.
I think the best was meeting Sawyer Brown. I was a kitchen manager at a Ruby Tuesday in Ny. They had come in about 10 minutes before closing time and asked the front of the house manager if we would stay open long enough to serve them. When the other manager came to the kitchen and asked me I said. "Tell them I said on one condition. If they will give me their autographs I will stay open all night" LOL! He came back in a few minutes later and told me to go on out there. I grabbed a chair pulled it up to their table and sat down and bs'ed with them all for a few got their autographs, cooked their dinner and got a 200.00 tip! It was one hell of a night! :D

POOH2^ July 21st, 2001 11:51 PM

ummmm lets see....I like Reba, Aaron Tippin, Alabama, the late Conway Twitty, and Ricky Van Shelton...Have seen all but Conway. My mother in law and Mark Chestnut's mom are close friends. My hubby is a country junkie..I also like alot of the Dixie Chicks stuff. Natalie Maines is from Lubbock (just down the road) and the woman who wrote Wide Open Spaces is from here in Amarillo.
Im not a big Garth fan, his old stuff was good, but I think he got to big for his Stetson and his music suffered (along with his marriage)
Now...if were talkin looks, I'd have to go with Tim McGraw..ohhh la la and Alan Jackson...but ya know without their trademark hat...they're well uh....ok
thats my 2 cents worth :-)

Tala August 18th, 2001 09:03 AM

Country??

Well as for Country I was raised in Country music. I have also seen The Judds in person as well as Patty Lovelace As for the newer singers I love them just particular songs I adore Whereas Loretta Lynn and Patsy Cline are the true Ladies of Country Music. I have listened to different music but I still come back to my roots. This is the tie that binds to my Mom who passed away this year. Well I love posting so I hope to be back soon.

mosquito December 9th, 2001 06:46 PM

I was "raised on country" too, so I like the older stuff more - Lynn Anderson, Tammy Wynette, Tanya Tucker, Loretta Lynn, Porter Waggoner & Dolly Parton, Bill Anderson, Joe Stampley, Mel Tillis, Merle Haggard, & Tom T. Hall and on and on and on... and of course CHARLEY PRIDE!! Country wouldn't be country without him. I recently discovered the classic country channel my cable company offers and it's my online soundtrack, lol

I have seen Johnny Cash, Ronnie Milsap and Charley Pride in concert several times, and I've seen the Statler Brothers every time they were within a 100 mile radius. They are my all-time favorites. I listen to newer stuff occasionally, but it has to be a really GOOD song to catch my attention. Most of today's songs seem to be pseudo-rock, and if I wanted to listen to rock, my collection spans about 4 decades so I don't need to tune to a country station to hear it. lol

Angel_Wolf November 7th, 2002 08:29 PM

Since the other day, I have been listening to one song in particular....Dolly Parton's Hard Candy Christmas At first, it made me cry now I am ok....See its' around that time of year when you want to talk to your Mom and well my Mom is in Heaven with the Creator and his son! Just wanted to share!!!!!! Have a great day! ;)

PoohsBigSister September 8th, 2004 10:50 PM

LOL! I was reading AngelWolf's post up there...wonder if she knows that song is from "The Best Little Whorehouse In Texas"?? :)

I also grew up on country - the classics like Merle Haggard and Barbara Mandrell and Willie Nelson and Waylon Jennings and Dolly and Loretta Lynn and etc.

Today, my most favorites to listen to are Toby Keith, Garth, Reba, Trisha Yearwood, Martina McBride, Alan Jackson, Clint Black, George Strait, and ALABAMA - :)

well, besides all the rest of em...LOL!

How bout anyone else?

My most favorite song when I was growing up...well, there were two of them... Me N' Little Andy by Dolly Parton and anything elvis --I would sing them over and over and over especially elvis...my mom won't listen to elvis anymore cuz of me! LOL~

brede September 9th, 2004 04:47 PM

Sorry, but I never listen to country western. Sometimes there will be a cross over hit that I'll like. And I am most definately NOT talking about Achy Breaky Heart! ROFLMAO:D :D :D :D :D

jkearns4949 March 10th, 2005 06:15 PM

Do not like country. It all sounds the same to me.

JustADream21 November 12th, 2008 12:25 PM

I love country music!
I'm so excited to watch the CMA's tonight I can't wait to see Brad Paisley, Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood :)

PoohsBigSister November 12th, 2008 10:55 PM

justadream21... :) I"m listening to the CMA's tonight - they are broadcasting on my radio station... :)

who do you want to win entertainer of the year? ;)

nobeefvv November 14th, 2008 01:58 PM

Love country...alway's watch the CMA awards...but have missed Toby .... :cry:.........I Love This Bar.........

:drink::drink::drink:

IRISH_EYES_99 November 14th, 2008 03:54 PM

Toby made a statement about the awards being set up. Or, something to that effect. That's why he didn't show. :( He was making a stand. I missed them there was just so much going on here at the time.

Some of my fav's were the oldies ... Hank Wms sr. Eddie Arnold , Patsy Cline... and so many others. Goes away singing, "...... sending you a big bouquet of roses.... one for everytime you broke my heart...." la la la la . ( Tells Eddie I would have never broke your heart. (g).)