Thread: Recipe Swap
View Single Post
Old October 9th, 2001, 12:28 PM   #144
Minty_Femme

Pumpkin Cheese Cake

It's that time of the year again LOL. Every October I go out and buy a BIG pumpkin and cook it down for pumpkin pies, cakes and what ever new receipe I want to try. I think this year Sallvie is going to insit that he has a pumpkin to carve into a jack-o-lantern LOL. I know ya'll will enjoy this recipe (it tastes better with fresh pumpkin rather then "store canned":-))
Pumpkin Cheese Cake
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup better, melted
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3 (8oz) pkgs cream cheee
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 eggs
1 (15oz) can pumpkin (2 cups if you use "real" pumpkin)
2/3 cup evaporated milk
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmg
1 (16oz) container sour cream
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. preheat oven to 350
2. combine graham cracker crumbs, butter and granulated sugar in mediium bowl. press onto bottom and 1 inch up side of ungreased 9 inch sringform pan. bake for 6-8 inutes(do not allow to brown.) cool on wire rac for 10 minutes.
3.beat cream cheese, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until fluffy. beat in eggs, pumpkin and evap milk. add cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg: beat well. pour into crust.
4. bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until edge is set but center still moves slightly.
5.combine sour cream, granulated sugar and vanilla extract in a small bowl:mix well. spread over surfare of warm cheescake. bake for 5 more minutes. cool on wire rack. refridgerate for several hours or overnight. remove side of springform pan.
Minty_Femme is offline   Reply With Quote