View Single Post
Old August 18th, 2002, 09:03 PM   #13
bebe

So Challenging!

Hi there! The balancing act is the most challenging thing I've had to deal with (besides rasing my kids.) I work full-time and own a home. I have only one child (if you count the husband, that's 2!) at home, he's 10. I get home at 6 p.m. every night and my husband puts in 12 and 13 hr days. Our house is never really clean and we have talked about getting a maid but it wasn't in the budget then. Now, things are a bit better so we may be able to squeeze $140 every 2 weeks out for a good cleaning. Lately, we've been putting off house cleaning a lot and it's really bothering me. I don't feel I have to devote all of my free time to cleaning. Although my husband has been good about doing his share, he's slacked off considerably since his job became more demanding. My son does his room, takes the dishes out of the dishwasher, sometimes he vacuums and cleans one of the bathrooms. Of course, I always have to ask him to do it. I wish I had the answer, but I don't. When we're all tired from a hard week, there's just no energy for the upkeep of the house.
bebe is offline   Reply With Quote