View Single Post
Old February 13th, 2003, 05:30 PM   #22
annebebe

Please forgive me, if you feel this is the wrong place for this post, but I looked at the other threads, and it is an IMPORTANT MESSAGE, for modern music lovers.
I have just finished watching a DVD, made by English television (BBC). It is called "The Old Grey Whistle Test". This was the only live, serious modern music programme, in England through the 1970's, 80's and 90's.
Six of my top ten are included, but that is not the reason for me posting this message.
At least half the artists are from North America, and the rest are so international that you will know them.
It comes with interviews, and cover stories that are truely timeless - priceless!
I have no connection at all with it, except that to see something so wonderful compels me to let people know that it exists! It cost ?30- here, which I think is about US$35-.
I promise you this is not spam. Check it out in your local store. And please let me know of other special music DVDs.
I'll post my top ten CDs soon!