View Single Post
Old August 30th, 2006, 01:17 PM   #27
Amy

Wink Married Before...Now I love my girlfriend

Quote:
Originally posted by QuietWOW
Have you been married or are you still married? When did you discover same gender attractions? Was it hard to make that change?

HI there! I was married for 18 years ...but it really ended for me 10 years into the marriage. Technically I am not divorced....I am in the process though.

I noticed my same sex attraction when I was in about 5th grade. I played boyfriend and girlfriend with the neighbor girl. I thought ..and still think this may be what all little girls do?? I then went to girlscout camp and fell in love with my counselor who was a woman...I thought she looked like a boy though.

I never thought of anyone the same sex again until I couldn't help making a pass at my best friend back in 2001. We had a great time and I did and even still love and care for her. We decided it was just a "thing" that happened and yet we couldn't seem to just be friends after that ...so our friendship ended.

I went back to trying to make my marraige work.

I then fell in love with my best girlfriend...December 29, 2006. I told her I had a crush on her...she apparently didn't know how I felt ...yet she felt some huge attraction. "not sexual" she said. Well, we are together..in a commited, sexual, loving , very intimate, relationship now ans have been for 8 months. I never really thought to much about being in same sex relationships, but I was always very open to the idea as far as others were concerned, I also used to say "I am going gay..if I ever get divorced" Hmmmmmm, I wonder if those were hints in my soul/heart...or if it is just how things ended up. I would like to say that I can't believe the intimacy I have in this relationship...I have never, ever had this with a man or woman or anyone. It blows my mind.

Thanks For listening,
Amy