Thread: Question
View Single Post
Old July 1st, 2008, 06:51 PM   #12
skatemartha

I'm so sorry for all the loss you've had. I experienced something similar in 2000. I was divorced after 12 years, I lost my job of 5 years, and my best friend of 13 years overdosed at the age of 34. I met another guy and suffered 3 misscariages which prompted me to get a tubal ligation. I just couldn't take any more pain or dissappointment. That decision, however, has left me with a whole different kind of grief (as I have no children). Feeling 'Wierd' doesn't even begin to cover it. I felt like I was in another dimension....for some time. Thankfully, I had a good network of people to talk to and I sought counselling. I ended up taking prozac (antidepressant) for a time when I was at my lowest, and I have to say it probably helped to save my life. All I can really tell you is that I talked and talked about all the pain and loss. I kept a journal too. In parting, what I will tell you is that everyone's grief process is different. One of the things that has helped me is knowing that my pain is an indicator of how well I've loved. I have been fortunate to have loved well. People will want you to 'get over it'. don't let 'em push you around or get to you. People don't know how to deal with another person's pain (generally). They don't know how to just sit with it. One day at a time....that's all we've got. Hang in there!!!!! Martha
skatemartha is offline   Reply With Quote