Thread: Gardening
View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2008, 01:13 AM   #148
smiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohsBigSister View Post
it's hotter than HADES here! sigh... Colorado, USA. supposed to be 98 today! UGH! I can't get out in the garden when it's soooooo hot... and it doesn't cool at night till after dark... it's driving me BONKERS!

Welcome SMiley!! what kinds of flowers do you plant???? Here...I love LILLIES...
In spring, i have tulips and irises that bloom, then i have columbine and petunias, then for the hot weather, the marigolds come out with the lillies.

HUGS!!!!!
great to hear from a fellow gardener, we have tulips just after winter in very early spring all the bulbs bloom, I love roses, I have one called angel face a rich double pink and lots of australian natives like wattle, calistemons, which are a variety of bottle brush, I have a type of lilly which grow only in pots, they are called peruvian lilly, red, pink, varigated pink and white and are the size of a dinner plate when in full bloom, I will be planting out pansies and petunias, also impatiens in the early spring which does not come until September, we will have more snow before then so we cannott plant until then, keep cool or warm whatever the weather is from where you live, keep on smiling
smiley is offline   Reply With Quote