Thread: Celibacy
View Single Post
Old October 27th, 2010, 04:49 AM   #27
JANE20/20

Hi....I enjoyed reading the articles about people who are practicing celibacy ....I am a single parent 44....one adult son.,never married,never lived with a man...I have been celibate for 9yrs..I started abstaining because I was a single parent...and I had ended a bad relationship....and I wanted off of the "merry -go- round"...and so I go off of that ride and I have been on the side lines every since...by choice...and it is like a peace I have never known.....at this point celibacy is just like breathing...kind of second nature...although my choice is rooted in religion...I am more spiritual than religious....celibacy does provide the best protection from contracting sexually transmitted infections ....because in relationships and marriage....there is still a risk of contracting a STI...simply because people are not always faithful....I do however, desire a relationship....even though I haven't dated in several years....I can enjoy a man now in so many ways because I'm not acting on it sexually...I can go on a date with a man without sex being a part of it....but we live in an age where if you are dating a man...then you are expected to have sex...sooner than later...and if you don't then something must be wrong with you....it's the general consensus....but that type of belief can make dating challenging...I read a couple of articles above where people felt that celibacy contributed to their creativity....I can't say if it does or not...I've always had a creative side wheather it's sewing, crocheting.,baking...but I can say that having a bad day at work, or financial issues can be a catalysts to create something and my hobbies help me to unwind...while at the same time provide an outlet for that energy and emotion....for the younger people (esspecially the females, who are deciding if they should have sex with a guy who isn't willing to commit...don't do it....let him go...you will meet a guy who loves and respects you and who will commit)....even at 44.... I want a man who loves and respects me...and who will commit....I know that nowadays most people see it as just sex....and for them maybe it is....for me it's a little more than that....spiritually you are joining with that man when having sex....I know that it's not a popular belief....it's kind of old fashioned....but it's how I feel....I still believe in love.......
JANE20/20 is offline   Reply With Quote