View Single Post
Old January 31st, 2011, 02:22 PM   #7
startingover

Hello scorned, I just want to let you know that I was in the same type of relationship. I was accused of cheating throughout the relationship. It was terrible and very stressful for me and my children. To make a long story short, me and this man were together for about 13yrs off and on. My twins father past away when they were only 8mths old and me and him have a son together. I met this man who seemed to be nice and a good provider. We got serious and that's when everything went downhill, the situation was so bad that I couldn't go see my relatives without an argument. For the most part, I was a prisoner. Only able to go to the store, and if I took to long at the store that was an issue. I tried everything to get threw to this man; counseling, talking, bringing family members in to help, all of those things made my situation worse. Finally I could not take it anymore and I left, and will not return. The issue with men like this is jealousy and insecurity. It has nothing to do with you. You have to control you own destiny and if you are not happy then the alternative is to leave. From my experience I do not think my ex will change. My ex also had a father who use to behave the same way with his mother, and they divorced. So I am not saying that your husband will not change, I am saying he has to recognize that he has a problem, and when he does this he has to go into counseling. With the research I have done about this issue is it takes years for recovery, and 9 out of 10 men do not admit a problem. They will lie to get you back and in a month start with the same behavior.

Good luck to you and I hope things get better.
startingover is offline   Reply With Quote