View Single Post
Old February 16th, 2011, 08:09 PM   #27
JANE20/20

Hi Tiffin....I wish you much success.....it sounds so exciting!....I love to bake too....in 09' for christmas gifts to my family...I baked pound cakes....and gave them away to everyone....but I found that because I'm in the mid-west and it's cold in the winter...my cakes fall or run out of the pan when the temp is below freezing....so that puts a damper on baking in the winter for me.....last Thanks Giving I baked a oreo cheese cake....it turned out well....and for Christmas I baked a golden oreo cheese cake....but I'm still experimenting with how to get it really soft and creamy......I want to to learn how to bake bread and biscuits from scratch.....I also enjoy watching the cooking shows on PBS (create).....the have some great reciepes for everytning.....I have decided to try a new meal and a new dessert every week.....cooking and baking is part of my fun time and I find it relaxing...I just baked a 7-up pound cake early this morning....I love to bake at early am hours....like 1a-4a...when it's quiet.......
JANE20/20 is offline   Reply With Quote