Thread: Celibacy
View Single Post
Old March 18th, 2011, 02:48 AM   #32
JANE20/20

I'm apologize...I lost the rest of my comments....continuing:....this is for all the people who are practicing celibacy....and may not get the emotional support that they need...out in the world....some people often attack what they don't understand out of fear.....thinking about that...I realize that part of that fear maybe them fighting silently with themselves about the decisions that they have made reguarding sex...that they feel guilty about......

Out here in this sex-crazed society of ours....most are on the same page when it comes to this topic of sex...everybody wants to do what feels good.....regardless of the risks...and consequences...I work in the health care field....and HIV...is still being on the rise....people aren't talking about it....and aren't getting tested...and are still having unprotected sex......

I have recently had someone say to me: "you're just judging everyone from your own little corner,...everybody isn't like you!....I' don't believe you!....and you wear it like it is a badge of honor...as if it's something to be proud of...you shouldn't be telling anybody that!....that's personal.....you're pathetic!........

Now this person that said those things considers herself to be religious...and says that she has a understanding of religion and what christ teaches.....this is what she says.....This was a discussion between this person and myself...and I mentioned being celibate because it had everything to do with what we were discussing.....now this is not surprisg but it still saddens me that this person is not more enlightened as that....not because of religion but because of experience as a woman....we should be getting wiser.....

I was told some years ago by someone else... that this person was jealous of me and that's why she was always saying the hurtful things to me that she did....and somehow I didn't want to believe that...because you see this person is the woman that raised me...and the one who should know me........

This woman is my mother.......

So....in my 40's...I can see it so clearly now.....my take on this is.....if my own mother would say those things ...and she has said so much more....that I shouldn't really expect to much from other people out in the world......

I don't consider myself religious....even though I'm celibate...and my decision about celibacy was born out of many things but rooted in religion....simply because there are some pretty good reasons why one shouldn't do this or that in relations to sex.......I'm more spiritual...and my decision works for me at this time.......
JANE20/20 is offline   Reply With Quote