Thread: i need advice
View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2011, 10:57 PM   #1
catbird767

Exclamation i need advice

I'm a 21 year old recent graduate who just had to move back home. The problem is, i hate home. Looking back I think I had severe depression, usually triggered by my dad. This man is both emotionally and physically abusive to me, my mom, and my brother. In high school I went to school on several occasions with bruises on my body caused by this man.
Long story short: I know that in order to relieve my own depression and for the sake of my own sanity I need to move as far away from him as I can. Unfortunately I can't in good conscience leave my mother and brother to fend for themselves with him. While my brother is physically big enough to combat dad's abuse, he doesn't because he is still afraid of dad. On more than one occasion I have stepped in while he was hitting my mother to defend her, the most recent altercation was just a couple hours ago.
How can I get out of here and do what I must to take care of myself without leaving the rest of my family to fend for themselves? I would never forgive myself if something happened to either because I left and wasn't around to help defend them from this tyrant of a father.
catbird767 is offline   Reply With Quote