View Single Post
Old April 27th, 2001, 10:10 PM   #21
roo

I personally enjoyed the creativity of the person (married, middle-aged woman in brisbane AU, 3 kids pretending to be a lesbian 20ish, in Syndey) who was dying of cancer. The twist was that she prepped the chat room for a mmonth about how sad it was her parents and only sibling died in a car wreck when she was 17. Anyway her "doctor" sat online while "she died" relaying messages to her that people typed. There was no stopping the drama... people like drama. People like a tear jerker. Some people had actually bought a ticket to Sydney to go see this kid.

On the other hand, my best friend I met online. Three of my closest friends I met online. We weave in and out of each other's lives through chat, email, posting here, and phone calls (and even.... gasp..... snail mail!) Getting email from them makes me smile and brightens my day. They are a part of my world.

I don't have the energy to disbelieve everyone or "test" them. I take them on face value. First time I see something weird, that's it. I just don't have timme for that crap.