View Single Post
Old January 3rd, 2012, 02:29 PM   #2
IRISH_EYES_99

Dear Jungi, First things first your father's attitude may never change. However if you can remember this, then it is time to really do for you. Sounds to me that if you can entertain a roomful of people & have them enjoy your music, then you have accomplished a lot.
You're young I am not so young.. but I know what it's like to want your dad's approval. It may never happen or it may towards the end of his yrs. I can connect with the anger/ temper. May I suggest you write down your feelings. Make a list of pro's & con's in your situation. .. It may help you.

Have you tried talking to your dad when he is in better spirits? Don't know if that will work...
What you really should do to help yourself & your self esteem ... write, write, then write some more. Do a journal of positive things you do in your life.

It took me way to many yrs to see my self worth. Don't let it take you that many. You'll lose out on some important things about you.

Forgive your father. You don't have to tell him, but it will help you to heal. Then when he does say something negative remember.. he really doesn't know how much he is hurting you.

Do things to make yourself feel better. You have a lot of self worth,you need to see that in yourself.

No, I'm not a therapist or counselor. But I have gone though similar circumstances. Please know that you are not alone. Work on accepting that you are an accomplished young woman. That your self worth should be worked on for your own good.

Wish you the very best. Your New Year endeavor is to feel good about your many accomplishments. Not to prove things to your father, but to enhance your own self worth. ...
Good luck. Keep us posted.