View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2012, 02:04 PM   #12
Michelle0607

My, how times have changed

Hello,

I posted the original thread waaaaaay up at the top. You know what is strange? I don't even remember all of that happening. I guess since it's been nine years, I'm allowed to forget some things.

Anyway, I'm posting to reply to the person who stated that s/he didn't have any friends. I'm just here to tell you that everything does get better. I was always the person in school who had only a couple of friends; I was picked on and actually hated going to school. Things got a little better when I went to college, but I was still incredibly shy and didn't really hang out with anyone.

I eventually got a job with people my own age who went out a lot and they began to include me when the went out. I slowly but surely went out with them occasionally. So that helped.

Somewhere in my late 20's, I started to really get to know myself. What I liked, what I wanted to do with my life and what I stood for. I eventually went back to college, got my degree, and am now teaching elementary school. I'm also working on my Master's degree. I have great coworkers who love me for me, and I love them for them. Others even joke that we are the Three Musketeers.

I guess what I'm trying to say is... "Hang in there." You're still trying to figure out who you are. Be yourself. Do what you like to do, not what others like to do. By doing this... you will eventually make friends with people who enjoy the same things you enjoy. I promise, you will eventually come across people who like you for you.
Michelle0607 is offline   Reply With Quote