View Single Post
Old June 14th, 2012, 02:00 PM   #9
txnurse1962

Married and lesbian

HI everyone, my name is Toni. I was browsing websites, and came across this one. I have often wanted to be able to discuss my feelings with others that understand. Thank you for taking the time to read this. I'm 49 yrs old, and have been married to my husband for 27 years. I have always struggled with my sexuality...especially for the past 15 yrs or so. I have had relationships with women over the years, and have regretably hurt people along the way. In my eyes, I was giving myself what I needed/wanted, and at the same time, keeping my family intact. Stupid! I realized I was only making matters worse. For several years now, I've remained faithful to my husband, but I am unhappy. I struggle with sex, and that in turn, causes problems in our relationship. I know that my heart is with a woman. I realized that a long time ago. I feel "at home" with a woman. However, I am struggling with the thought of hurting him again, and our kids. We have 2 grown children and one in high school. I feel very selfish for even entertaing the idea, but honestly, I don't know how to feel any other way. Not sure why I'm positng this. I suppose there are no clear-cut answers. I think I was just hoping there might be someone out there that has been faced with similar circumstances, and someone that might understand and possibly give me some direction. Thanks in advance.
txnurse1962 is offline   Reply With Quote