View Single Post
Old May 22nd, 2001, 01:17 PM   #57
shergo

Unhappy

Aaarrrggghhh! It was much worse than I expected. I have slipped over into the obese category. I have to lose about 45 pounds. That will certainly get me motivated. I have to watch what I eat much more carefully and eat more fruit and veggies and less meat. And I need to exercise more faithfully. Laurie suggested that I walk every morning after I take my daughter to school, then ride my exercise bike. She also wants me to get my daughter to walk in the afternoons (I can use the excuse of exercising the dogs). I also have a long list of vitamins to take. It's going to take 20 minutes in the morning just to take the vitamins! LOL Laurie also scheduled a mammogram and colonscopy for the next month.

On my way home, I stopped and bought more fruit and veggies and fresh fish, plus all the vitamins. Then I came home and raked magnolia leaves for 40 minutes (I'll wait till they dry to bag them since I use the recyclable paper lawn bags). After raking, I took a brisk 18-minute walk, and I have just finished a nice salad for lunch. I'm going to get the fruit and veggies ready and put them in bowls in the fridge so I can snack on them. If I have to stop and prepare something, I will grab something less beneficial and more fattening. After I get the fruit and veggies ready, I am going to be spring cleaning in my office, moving furniture and washing woodwork. Then on to do the same in the kitchen!

If I could just keep this up, I would be svelte in no time! :-)