View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2001, 01:35 PM   #9
kathe nichols

Tamara and I went to see Knight's Tale (normally, we're not much on movie theatres, but Heath Ledger NEEDS a big screen... ::weg::. It was much better than I expected. Ledger is actually a pretty good actor - he hits the subtle notes as well as the "in your face" stuff. The young Chaucer character steals several scenes, though, and the "love interest" is horrible. She's not pretty, she's not a very "real" character, just unbelievable all the way around. Hard to tell if she's a bad actress, or just written badly.

In keeping with Tamara's current Heath Ledger theme.. we rented 10 Things I Hate About You. Also better than expected (I've been seeing it on the shelves and avoiding it...). We actually watched it twice and it was good both times, though not as howlingly funny the second time. They did a good job of updating the Taming of the Shrew to modern situations and language...

Also rented The Emperor's New Groove, and I wasn't impressed. I think they showed all the best parts in the trailers. Cute, but not a Disney classic by any stretch of the imagination.