Thread: Working at Home
View Single Post
Old June 8th, 2001, 08:38 PM   #38
mariahsaunt

Lightbulb Working From Home

I am a social worker who LOVES what I do but due to a disability that is making it harder to work a regular 9-5 job I started looking for some options that would allow me to work from home. I must have checked into 100 different 'business opportunities' and even tried and few. I had pretty much given up. Then, quite by accident I stumbled across a company that offers a healthcare benefit package and the best part wass their "household plan"- included me and MY PARTNER. To make a long story short I spent some time checking the company out with the BBB and talked to others who have started this business from their homes and I didn't find one negative thing and believe me I looked. I joined the company in April and am building my new business part time. At the rate I am going I should have replaced my current income within 6 more months and be able to resign from my 9-5 and be completly self employeed.
I found this site today when I was searching for gay and lesbian sites hoping to find some other people who work from home and get some ideas.
Like I said earlier, I am a social worker NOT a business person. So, I am learning how to run my business as I go. The best selling point of this health coverage is the fact that it includes gay families. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can advertise online and get the word out about my business. I know there have to be ALOT of gay couples who would like to be able to get a healthcare plan that covers them both. But, I really have no idea where to start. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jen

***edited by sysop. see profile for contact info***