View Single Post
Old November 14th, 2005, 12:40 PM   #7
Addie

The answers are in your question. You BUY a CD for $20.00, you now have the right to listen to it over and over again. You don't have the right to make copies of it and give it away for free. You don't have the rght to upload it on a site so that millions of people can get it for free. They're supposed to pay the same 20 bucks for it.

Musicians don't get "kickbacks." They make profits. The store selling it makes their profit, the record company makes their profit, and the managers and musicians get their piece of the sales. On and on, and etc.

As for radio stations... musicians WANT their music to get air time, that's how people are exposed to the music and then go out and BUY it. The radio stations make their money from advertisers. That money pays for the station, pays for the management, DJs, etc. and that allows them to air the music to you, for free. Why is satellite radio commercial free? Because people PAY a subscription service fee, like HBO or any other pay channel on TV.

Everyone has the right to make their own decisions. I don't stay off of free movie and music download sites because of the bugs. I stay off of those sites because in my opinion it's the same as walking into Tower Records and stealing CDs and DVDs. I know a lot of people who disagree and that's fine. I only have to live with me.
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote