View Single Post
Old June 30th, 2002, 08:28 PM   #23
pagandeeva

My Best Friend - An Online/Offline Story

I will tell you a sweet yet short story regarding how I met the woman who is now the best friend I've ever had. I had placed an ad on the internet, looking for romance (I am a lesbian, by the way). This woman answered my ad. She is transgendered and told me this in her first email to me. I didn't care about that - she sounded like a very nice person. Since we lived in the same town, we scheduled a meeting. When we met, we came to the conclusion that romance was not going to be part of the relationship, however, we got along really well.
To cut to the chase, I have now known this woman for three years. We spend a lot of time together, we work together, and recently even moved from our original town to a new state together - not in the same house by the way, but close by.
I believe that meeting her was the best thing that ever happened to me. I am grateful to the internet for bringing her into my life - she has changed my life for the better, and I believe I have changed hers as well.
A lot of people have asked why we don't try something romantic...but we both believe that it would be bad for what we have, and that friends are the most important thing.