Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > About Being a Woman > Life's Transitions

Old January 12th, 2001, 11:23 PM   #1
AuntieWOW

While the kids were growing up, all you had to do was mention their names and you had an instant conversation. Suddenly, they're gone. What do you talk about now?
AuntieWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2001, 04:17 AM   #2
antiana

My daughter left 1993 and returned for a short while. My son left Sept. 1997 and my Mother died
Nov. 1997. I felt totally abandoned. Horrible grief for almost 2 years. My husband supported and loved me back to what I am now calling normal. We will be married 30 years this coming September.

We mostly talk about our future... moving closer to our son and his family.
And hopefully our daughter will be moving south also. Setting short term and long term goals.

I am lucky that during the almost 30 years my husband has also been my best friend. So we have always talked about everything.
There are still a few surprises though. We still don't know everything about each other and probably never will. But we still find that we interest each other. lol.

He thinks I am beautiful and intelligent. I think he's intelligent and a man to be proud of. We sometimes are so different but have agreed that we are both right. We raised our two children the best we knew how and together. And we are very very proud of our kids. Boy I do go on. huh? Anyhow, we talk, we discuss, we cuss, we laugh, and sometimes just chitchat about everything.
And sometimes we just don't have to say anything at all.
Old August 16th, 2001, 08:19 PM   #3
Motown
chocolate tester

(((antiana)))

you gave me goose bumps(thanks!)

I married my best friend too. I have heard that our nest will be empty( again) in Oct

I can't wait!
Motown is offline   Reply With Quote