Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > About Being a Woman > Lesbians Online

Old January 26th, 2004, 12:49 PM   #31
pinkandpoms

Smile

Hi im new to this website but it is so great. I havnt found a site where there are so many great people talking like sensible human beings, its so nice. Well I am just replying to the message about girly lesbians, I know you explained yourself and thats cool, but can I just say that I am the most girly lesbian in the world. No one will believe me when i tell them, its quite annoying. If we are talkin of stereotypes I am put into the straight cheerleader category. I do cheerlead and do ballet and stuff like that, and I also have long blonde hair and like wearing short skits and stuff when I go out. The guys told me it was a waste that I was gay. I thought that was a really interesting comment what does it mean, I guessed that the guys cant think that much of girls in the first place if they cant understand why it is sooo much better being with girls. Anyway just thought id give my point of view beens I Read the post and thought the convo was interesting. One last thing, im english and did anyone see the programm tipping the velvet. It was remade from the book by sarah waters. She is an amazing writer and does primarily concentrate on lesbian storylines. It was a big thing over here, it is a period drama and about the lovers of one lesbian girl and her struggles and confusions. Its a brilliant book, but the most interesting thing is the way the media and critics reacted to the progrmme. They said things like' Now lesbians get there own t.v' in a negative way. English people still see it as for behind closed doors. I no that I could never say nethin to my parents. But my generation even those that arnt my friends are completely ok with it. Anyway that was a complete ramble. Just thought id say hi and now bye.xxxxx
pinkandpoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2004, 06:25 AM   #32
TaintedEyes

Chana, long time no type, but I am sure that my friend that I am going to be going over his house to watch it, he has on demand, I could tape it and send it to you, I'll work on it for you if you like. take care
Old February 2nd, 2004, 10:37 AM   #33
MintyFemme2

Hey Miss Tainted..it has been a long time since I have seen your typing I hope all is well. You are an angel for taping the show for Miss Chana.. thank ya thank ya! What do you think of the L Word??
Old February 6th, 2004, 07:36 AM   #34
TaintedEyes

I haven't seen it yet, my friend has digital, so I can go over and watch it when ever I want. With the new g/f and all been spending time with her and so on. Ya know how that goes. Hope all is well out there in sunny cali, talk to you later on
Old February 6th, 2004, 11:25 AM   #35
MintyFemme2

((((((((((((((TAINTED)))))))) even with digital is isn't on every night.. but it is on bout 3 times a week I think with digital. I understand how it is with a new GF. I feel blessed that I get that " new Gf" feeling with Miss Random
Old February 9th, 2004, 09:10 AM   #36
TaintedEyes

it's on demand, I can replay any episode anytime I want... ahh behold the power of cable.. lol
Old February 9th, 2004, 10:52 AM   #37
MintyFemme2

LOL ok I have a question for ya Miss Tainted.. what is Demand???
Old February 9th, 2004, 12:11 PM   #38
LiamFan!

"On Demand" is a service attached to premium cable channels that allows you to watch programs anytime you want, pause, rewind, fast forward, etc.

http://www.sho.com/site/ondemand/home_flash.do
Old February 10th, 2004, 12:28 AM   #39
MintyFemme2

((((((((((Liam)))))))) you rock! ty. I am going to call my cable company tomorrow to see if I can get Showtimes on Demand. Boo would love to be able to see The L Word when she can't be here.
Old February 10th, 2004, 01:03 AM   #40
LiamFan!

{{{{Minty}}}} Cool! You'll pay between 5 and 6 dollars a month extra for the On Demand feature, but it's really quite nice to have. See if the cable company can work out a deal for you...they can often mix up your options into different packages and save you a dollar or two a month.
Old February 24th, 2004, 09:56 PM   #41
candygirl1030

*candygirl sticks her head in and says a quick hello to all those that I have missed*

Waving hello to all the new ppl I don't know
candygirl1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2004, 05:24 PM   #42
hogggie

hey candy miss u n jas tell her hi for me
hogggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2004, 10:09 AM   #43
MintyFemme2

(((((((((((((LIAM)))))))))) I called the cable compnay they don't have that feature yet. The dude said that as far as he knows the Deman feature will work only on pay per veiw movies ( can the movie as many times as you want in a 24 hour period) is all they will be offering. BUT the cable bill has already gone up bout 7.00 in anticipation of this new "demand" service that I won't use anyhow LOL. I only wanted the Demand feature for programs on Showtime <sigh>.
((((((((((((CANDYGIRL andJAS)))))))) hey ya'll what's shaking????
Old February 26th, 2004, 02:54 PM   #44
hogggie

VOTE FOR GAY RIGHS http://www.dearmary.com/mary/thanks.html
hogggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2004, 04:57 PM   #45
crazymomma
awesome cookie lady

Minty, up here we have on demand for Showtime. It's kind of cool. I just got it and it's neat how you can tape, rewind and pause live shows! We had funny playing with American Idol this week.