Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > About Being a Woman > Life's Transitions

Old October 18th, 2003, 05:20 PM   #16
Rusty12183

Thanks for all the support. It's just nice to talk to someone sometimes.
Rusty12183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2003, 06:02 PM   #17
Cinderellen

OH I totally agree. I'm usually there around 10ish Eastern time, and there are others there at night. With different time zones it's harder to say for sure when people will be there.
Old October 19th, 2003, 10:18 PM   #18
IRISH_EYES_99

Hey Rusty, hi if you click on chat here it will take you to the schedule for chats... then you can be doubly sure someone will be there..
Kudos to each of you for all you do with your children. Managing a home and children's schedules are at time< "Headache City".. But from experience it's well worth it. They do grow up into wonderful young adults. In most instances they will remember the good times they had.. Would you believe my oldest ( married with 4 children) actually called me up to apologize for giving me a hard time as a kid.. ( She really was a good kid.. but still a kid )
It's great that you talk about it I believe that helps a lot.
BTW in my book .. the word "stupid" is excluded.. only because I don't like the word at all.. (((((Hugs to all )))))))
Old October 19th, 2003, 10:47 PM   #19
Rusty12183

Thank you, Irish Eyes,nice to see you in the chat too!
Rusty12183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2004, 04:20 PM   #20
brede
my new motorcycle

Hi This is my first post here. But, Stuck on Stupid really resonates with me. Of course, during my son's teenage years, he thought I was stuck on stupid constantly! LOL He did grow out of it and has turned into a better person than I am.

My current Stuck on Stoopid mode is with my husband. He has a new job and works 10 hours days, I am at home constantly (we moved recently and I'v been too sick to get out and about so I can meet new people). Well, I sit home and think of elaborate ways to fix up our new house. And I get very fixated on how a certain job should be done! My husband can build a house from the ground up, and we both can do all the finish work. So, I am not totally ignorant on the way things work, but he does have much more experience. He gets home and I slam him with my latest, greatest idea with all the details. For example, we need something to put the cable box on so it won't interfere with the CD player. I have this brilliant idea to design this thing that hangs flush on the wall with elaborate support structures and power cord hiding features. We argue about the best way to do it. I keep ranting on, deteriorating into the "you think I'm stupid" defense. He gets a piece of cardboard, folds it into a U shape and plops it over the CD player. I am quickly silenced and red faced! Nothing like making a complex solution to a simple problem!

PS I'd love a copy of the book. You know how it is, misery loves company!
Old March 26th, 2005, 09:58 PM   #21
Angel_Wolf

Talking of kids thinking that the parent is stuck on stupid...mine thought that. Til last night, when I told them to make the same mistake they did that morning and I would make them regret it! LOL I said it in my meanest voice and well today was great. No screaming or arguing or yelling or fighting....So Happy Easter Splendid Spring.
Have a great day!
Old March 29th, 2005, 09:42 AM   #22
crazymomma
awesome cookie lady

This past week I feel like I should tatoo stupid in BIG red letters on my forehead! I finally got the webtv hooked back up!Yahoo Then I found out my old unit is not compatible with the digital phone service in the house.Boo . Soo, now I have to deside what to do, get another (regular )phone line in, see if I can get a newer unit the can be used with digital phone, or just say the heck with it all and brake down and finally buy a computer. Okay, so I'll worry about it tomorrow. Today, I'm going shopping!
Old March 29th, 2005, 10:56 AM   #23
IRISH_EYES_99

Aww ((((((( Crazymomma)))))) you sound like you're in a quandry. I have no answers pick me up we'll go shopping together. Have fun.
Old April 2nd, 2005, 12:35 PM   #24
jkearns4949

I drove away from the gas pump with the nozzle still in my tank. Does that count as having my dial stuck? No worries; no one was hurt.
jkearns4949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2005, 08:23 PM   #25
Kerirose63

I was working in an office, with several other people. I made my morning trip to the Bathroom. When I came out, I heard snickers and whispering. Then one of my friends called me over to her desk. Well, I didn't get the toilet paper tore off good, so was trailing a whole train of it behind me...stuck in my panty hose...very embarassing...and Boy..I DID FEEL STUPID! Also in the same office, my boss came over to talk to me, one day...a nice looking man. I stood up to see what he wanted and my wrap around skirt came undone, and he said...maybe I better put my skirt back on! LOL!!! Not at the time, but I never wore that skirt again!
Kerirose63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2005, 09:14 AM   #26
jkearns4949

Do you still work at the same job? If you do, you have more courage than I.
jkearns4949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2005, 10:33 PM   #27
Kerirose63

LOL!!! No, I don't still work at that job, thank goodness. My sis works at an Air Force Base, and she is the boss in her building, and the same thing happened to her. I guess it runs in the family. LOL! I never could look my boss in the eye after the skirt incident, though. Well, now I am safely married, so am not in the public eye anymore. Of course now my husband has to put up with my "incidents"! Good thing he loves me!
Kerirose63 is offline   Reply With Quote