Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > Hobbies and Leisure Activities > Games, Jokes & Other Fun Stuff

Old October 13th, 2005, 01:54 AM   #1
LiamFan!

The Anti-Thread!

Okay, I grew tired of seeing "666 threads" on the opening splash page, so here it is....the anti-thread!

Talk about anything you want, as long as it's irrelevant!

I was thinking today it's been far too long since I've had a malt.
Old October 13th, 2005, 12:27 PM   #2
MintyFemme2

HMM a molting Liam.. oh wait you said malt didn't ya? I sent a note to school with the kid for the photographer on how to take his picture. Hopefully the photograhper won't view my concerns over the flash in Sallvie's glasses as irrelevant!
Old October 13th, 2005, 06:22 PM   #3
LiamFan!

Oh, I don't think so, Minty. I used to send a note that said, "Please do NOT comb my son's hair. If you do comb his hair, I promise I won't buy a single photo." Never again did I get a picture with his hair combed straight down in bangs!
Old October 13th, 2005, 11:02 PM   #4
IRISH_EYES_99

They always passed out those stupid combs. Even when I was a kid. You know before the dark ages.

Sent notes with my kids on picture day too. Sometimes it worked others it didn't.. we did make up day.

Bet Sallvie's picture comes out cute Minty.

What is irrelevent is people who post for help!! Never to be seen again. At least come back to see if someone responded. Most times someone or another has responded. Sheesh!!!

To the People who change nics using the same M.O. Want to say. " I was born at night. Just not last night." Sheesh!!

With all this LiamFan May I fix you a malt? What flavor? Seems like you could realy use one.
Old October 14th, 2005, 10:03 AM   #5
susieB

Minty, one yr the pictures of my daughter were so bad.......you could actually see the reflection of the lamp they use in her glasses! So, of course, I ordered re-takes......AGAIN.....same thing...now mama is getting irritated, lol.....so they said ok, we are going to be at this other school in the next town over next week, if you want to drive there early one morning before school starts with your daughter, we'll try again.....so....drove all the way there, and when I got there I was offering the young lady some "instructions" on how to take a proper pic of someone wearing glasses......well I guess she got a little offended and said "Mrs. B____, maybe you would like to just take the pic yourself?" very sarcastically.....and of course, I said "Well, thank you, I would love to!" went up on stage and took the pic! LOL.....
susieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2005, 06:33 PM   #6
MintyFemme2

LMAO! I am glad you had better luck. Last spring was terrible I didn't get the pictures back until AFTER the retake date and the only day they was going to be in town was the day after my complaint plus it was also Peggy's surgery date . So I told them I wouldn't buy a single picture from them and if I could I would tell everyone else not to Irelevant info.. try Mike and Ike cherry vanilla ice cream chewy candies! They are yummy. Of course they stick to your teeth which is a good thing ( it limits me eatign to many candies at once).
Old October 15th, 2005, 12:21 AM   #7
IRISH_EYES_99

SusieB great story. Bet the pictures came out nice too.

Sometimes you just have to take the bull by the horns and make it happen.
Old October 15th, 2005, 04:01 PM   #8
rjsfeminist

Wow! to everyone on here! Every post on this thread made me smile!

One year, when my youongest's school pictures came back, he looked positively out of it. When I asked him about it, he mentioned the photographer took his picture immediately after he'd finished yawning. Ended up with a retake...

BTW, Minty, I love your signature.
rjsfeminist is offline   Reply With Quote