Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > About Being a Woman > Lesbians Online

Old May 23rd, 2002, 11:32 AM   #46
jools

Lots of my lesbian friends (and myself) were married and had kids so some may say we made a choice. I'd prefer to think that I just realised later in life that I didn't have to conform to a stereotype that never felt right for me. Now I'm pushing the boundaries further because my partner (of 8 years) and I don't see a need for us to live together to show our commitment to each other.
Julie
jools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2002, 02:17 PM   #47
Minty_Femme1

Mosquito- That was a cute quiz you had there but some might find the reference to child molesters being "hetrosexual" offensive. As a Molest Survivor I really can't say being molested was bout sexuality. I truely believe it was about power.
Wild Horses- 18 is such a tough age. People expect once you turn 18 that one is capable of making life affecting choices just like that. It is kinda hard to make life choices after having a parent make choices for you for 18 years. I'm sorry your mother has treated bad. I don't understand how one can love a child one minute then choose not to love because of an action the child done is not the action the parent would have done. I can't make excuses for your mom's actions nor can I say they are wrong because I don't know everything. I can say that I don't agree with the arguing though. I only hope when I decide to cut the "apron strings" I will be accepting of my son's choices and if I am not I try to lead him to a path that is less destructful in a loving way then the path he chose.
Old May 27th, 2002, 10:02 AM   #48
Tammy

It's true that the vast majority of child molesters are heterosexual... but doesn't that stand to reason, considering the vast majority of <I>people</I> are heterosexual?
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2002, 03:18 PM   #49
Becca4

Why do all the posts stop in May?
Becca4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2004, 11:43 PM   #50
DakotaRaine

Both. I was born this way and then I finally chose to act on it.
DakotaRaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2004, 05:41 PM   #51
brede
my new motorcycle

Actually there is a great book called "Brain Sex" and it proves that there are physical differences in the brains of people when it comes to sexual orientation.

Now if the world would just develop some tolerence and allow diversity!
Old December 2nd, 2004, 07:31 PM   #52
Cod
Hooked on The OC!

Dare we to dream!
Cod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2004, 09:47 PM   #53
IRISH_EYES_99

I hope so cod!!! I really and truely do.
Wish the time is now. To accept a person for who he/she is.
If they would take a moment to open their hearts and minds to accept people for who they are. WHO THEY ARE!!!!!!

A human being whether... str8, gay, lesbian is a HUMAN BEING. Capable of giving love, getting love, being loved. If only those who can't accept the differences would open their eyes, heart, and soul. Then they would find that even with differences we are the same.
Old December 4th, 2004, 08:05 PM   #54
brede
my new motorcycle

Dreams can come true. If we can imagine it, we can do it. You may only be able to change your own little corner of the world, but it is a start.

Being hopelessly straight (LOL!), yet having a male type body (broad shoulders, narrow hips, muscles when I am not sick), Greg and I used to get nasty comments made to us because they thought we were gay. Being the person that I am, I bought a rainbow pin to put on my leather motorcycle vest! I am looking forward to what reaction I will get from that one. *grin*

I think I've decided that the purpose of my life is to confuse, annoy, and hopefully make people think outside of their own little, confining boxes.
Old February 26th, 2005, 01:28 PM   #55
sunflower

I have struggled with this question and its a good one.

To be honest in my case I have felt something was missing all my life .

But when I was growing up you didn't even hug your best friend as you would have been labeled a lesbian. And I think people try to make others fit into a mold of who you should be.

My sister thinks I made the choice to be a lesbian ,but its not easy making love to a woman when your used to being with a man.

But for me it feels right. I truly don't believe its a choice I made, you don't all of sudden turn into a lesbian .

Just like you wouldn't all of a sudden decide you want to be a man LOL

It was a long time in coming for me so I have to believe it has always been there I just never had the courage to do anything about it .And I think thats one reason I turned to drinking and drugs to hide it and not face it.

All I know is I will never be with another man never really like the sex part with one anyway.
sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2005, 12:02 PM   #56
brede
my new motorcycle

We certainly don't have a very welcoming society when it comes to sex. I've always found it interesting that the male half of our species wants to have threesomes and likes the idea of women having sex together, but will be very fast to judge a woman as "bad" if she is a lesbian. My ex-husband decided that I was a lesbian when I divorced him. That seemed to be the only way he could justify the fact that I left. I couldn't have possibly left because of emotional & physical abuse or his serial cheating. It had to be that I was a lesbian. LOL! When I remarried, he actually said that he thought I hated all men. I replied that I didn't hate all men, just specific ones.

That was 20 years ago and he still hates me. I mean really, get over it! LOL!

I am really glad that you were able to find the courage you needed to be true to who you are. That is so admirable. My hat is off to you and if you ever need a kind word or support, I'm here.
Old March 1st, 2005, 07:24 PM   #57
MintyFemme2

awwe brede how sweet of ya. Hey I wouldn't object if you were as lesbian
Old December 22nd, 2005, 04:21 PM   #58
janni2525

If it's a choice? I don't think so.

I remember since I was at the age of 5 I liked this woman that lived across from my grandmother's house. I remember having these beautiful feeling inside when ever I saw her. I kept having these feelings as I grew older all through my school years. I would see a teacher and if she treated me a certain way I would be hooked on her. There has always been a way that a woman has always treated me that I as a woman have loved. I cannot see this in a man. I don't even have men as friends. I don't hate men because I don't have any hatred towards anyone of any species. It's proven that as I was growing up men always treated me really harsh when women were more of the gentle and kinder one. I have always gotten along better with women. One thing that annoys me about some men is that some want to have sex with me and can't accept just my friendship. So I cannot deal with people that can't accept friendship whether it's a man or a woman. If you know what I mean. I had a Gay male friend, but he developed a crush on me and claimed he would rape me before the night was over in his house. I decided to end that friendship because it was not convenient for me. The truth and nothing but the truth is that I don't trust any men. I think that society teaches it's male members the wrong idea about women. I think it's not a choice being a lesbian. I have always loved women.
janni2525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2006, 01:30 AM   #59
Ayla

My cousins have told me that they knew they were gay from the get go.

I was different from other family members, I had a choice to make. I chose to look deep within myself and follow my gut. I was a late bloomer, coming out at 27. Now that I have lived the truth for nearly a decade I realize that deep down, although I could go either way, I am more comfortable and true to myself while in relationships with women.

Is there biology involved in my choice? I have no doubt. I can't think of the handful of cousins I have that are also gay and not consider a biological connection.