Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > About Being a Woman > Romantic Relationships

Old September 27th, 2004, 11:42 PM   #16
rjsfeminist

Venus, how are you doing now?
rjsfeminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2004, 07:18 PM   #17
brede
my new motorcycle

Hi RJS, it is wonderful to see you posting after the storm! I was really worried about you!
Old January 2nd, 2005, 10:17 PM   #18
venuss

I DID IT!!!

Hello there my dear friends!

I'm back!
Guess what? I did what others on this post says, people like Crazymomma, for instance told me to do what my heart says, and right now, I follow just that. T. and I are together now and we are planning our future living together. I moved in on Christmas Day after a terrible fight with my parents, took my belongings and left, without turning back. I feel bad at first for not living with my family anymore, missing my brothers very much, but I don't regret leaving. I am happy with T. so very much. We are going to get our own house, move away from the busy city life, finish my schooling and be happy with T. I am so thankful for all your supports and comments. I am so thankful for having God help me all these time to find true love in life. I am sad that my parents and other people may never know how much happiness our life contains, though I truly wish to share it with them. My parents DIS-OWNED me that very moment on Dec. 25th, but if they love me they should be happy for me. But I guess not. They mostly want me to fail so as to prove themselves right about how badly my choice being with T. is. However, God bless you all, and thank you very much once again. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU. MAY THE BEST COME YOUR WAY. WISHING YOU A JOYFUL NEW YEAR.
Venuss.
venuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2005, 02:39 AM   #19
venuss

One more thing...

I forgot to mention, that T. and I got married on Sept. 25th 2004. We had a small, sweet, secret wedding outside in a park, nearby a lake. The weather was beautiful with the water, trees, and green grasses. We took nice pictures with our witnesses. We didn't go for the traditional white dressings, instead we just wore plain formal party clothing. There were only 5 people there to support us. It didn't matter to us whether anyone approves or not, we just felt the need to know deep within ourselves that we belong to one another. Now that I've "spilled the beans", the news is not so secretive anymore. Though my side of the family didn't know anything about it, I still take it as being a legal thing in the eyes of God to accept T. and I to be man and wife. Since our ceremony, I lived at my home, T. stayed at his. We didn't spend our wedding night together since I had a restricted curfew everyday since that fight last April I've posted earlier. We were almost going crazy missing each other that it seems the steam just builds up so much, in the end, it has to erupt for us to put an end to the misery, to not living up to other people's expectations. I suffered extremely, but got no understandings, or love from the closest people of my life. I had no choice but to give up hope that my family can be any supportive. What kind of a man who would stand by to put up with the difficulties of not spending one wedding night with his wife? Nor have a honeymoon with her? Or not get to see her much ???Up until now, I truly know how much T. has suffered for me, and I for him, that I had to give up my parents wishes to be with T. The moment I left, I know there's no way I can leave my hubby alone just because someone doesn't approve us. Lots of thanks to my posting friends, many I truly admire and look up to like mothers and sisters to me. Once again thanks for giving me the courage, the supports, the advice, that has become my strength to conquere what seems a life time of hardship! One year since January 2004, I am now happily married and living with my husband.

Enjoy your new year together everybody. Wishing those who are in a similar situation as mine can find themselves achieve greatness in love and able to find happiness for always.
Good luck
Venuss
Old July 3rd, 2005, 05:53 PM   #20
rjsfeminist

How are you doing, Venus?
rjsfeminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2005, 10:54 PM   #21
venuss

I'm fine thank you, and you are?
Old July 10th, 2005, 11:02 PM   #22
venuss

Hi Everyone,
Here is a web address which you can access to get a glimpse of our wedding last September. I couldn't get it up until now, so enjoy. When you get there, just go to "Van and Tony" pics.
Thanks for your supports and encouragement once again. I couldn't have done it without you.
Venuss.
Old July 11th, 2005, 08:50 AM   #23
Cod
Hooked on The OC!

Um...did you forget something venuss??
Cod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2005, 11:05 PM   #24
KellyLaney

I am new

Hi all, I am a new poster. This thread is interesting. I dated a man 14 years younger then I. He was only 22 when we met. But very mature. I say we dated because we are no longer together, romantically. But as friends we are okay. He was mature in many ways but too young to settle down at 22. What an age diff! He did end up cheating on me, surprise eh? But given his age I am not now nor was I then totally shocked. He cheated with another woman my same age. Today he wants to get back together but I do not.
Old April 11th, 2006, 03:14 PM   #25
youngmale

older vs.younger men!! well i really only like to talk/speake truth so if you do not wont to hear it dont ask!!! you asked, so im 40is been with 10years older so i think maybe you have to rethink what you are asking/thinking put it this way i do not know what you look like personality or ??? O.K. now with that all this said and please take no offence but i would do the same with a 20 or + depending on her personality,i hear age is a matter of mind ....... a little advise sweet pea O.K. people can tell other people what ever they wont to hear or listen to right you can lie to everybody and if you are really good at it they may believe you sad thing is you still know the truth and have to live with that,you can fool others but not yourself right, dont run away now the thuth is cumming, a males point of veiw i dont think your 10,20 year differance makes a differance at this time in a womens life with out getting into details,ever think that maybe hes having s.. with you !!! Think about it and maybe read this again if it will help you THINK Good girl i think he is trying to get inside of YOU
youngmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2006, 03:15 PM   #26
youngmale

Quote:
Originally posted by youngmale
older vs.younger men!! well i really only like to talk/speake truth so if you do not wont to hear it dont ask!!! you asked, so im 40is been with 10years older so i think maybe you have to rethink what you are asking/thinking put it this way i do not know what you look like personality or ??? O.K. now with that all this said and please take no offence but i would do the same with a 20 or + depending on her personality,i hear age is a matter of mind ....... a little advise sweet pea O.K. people can tell other people what ever they wont to hear or listen to right you can lie to everybody and if you are really good at it they may believe you sad thing is you still know the truth and have to live with that,you can fool others but not yourself right, dont run away now the thuth is cumming, a males point of veiw i dont think your 10,20 year differance makes a differance at this time in a womens life with out getting into details,ever think that maybe hes having s.. with you !!! Think about it and maybe read this again if it will help you THINK Good girl i think he is trying to get inside of YOU
youngmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2006, 10:49 PM   #27
LiamFan!

Whatever the hell that is supposed to mean.
Old April 12th, 2006, 12:17 PM   #28
PoohsBigSister
Long Live WOW!!

amen to that....
Old April 20th, 2006, 11:51 PM   #29
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

Exclamation Hmmm very interesting

KellyLaney no worries You have moved on which for you and the ex-boyfriend is good apparently! That is all that matters. I understand your reluctance with getting back with him. Btdt aka been there done that. Just as long as you are happy that is what counts.

Youngmale not sure what you are meaning for reading your post was confusing to a large degree. Although I am sure your point you were trying to put is in there somewhere. No offense meant here.

For some of us age is a factor in relationships to others its not. Just be happy as long as it doesnt hurt no one else.

So I wish all of you to
Have a great day!