Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > The WOW Community Cafe > Parenting

Old September 2nd, 2006, 09:25 AM   #1
irishayes59

Stuck between Husband and daughter

My oldest daughter is just entering college. She will be 18 in a few days. At the last minute, she decided not to go away, but to stay home and enroll in a Community College. Part of the reason was money, but a large part was also the 22 year old boyfriend. They are convivnced that they have found their soulmates, and are already dicussing marriage after she graduates. My husband is having real difficulties with seeing his daughter as a mature, sexual woman. So he's reverted to acting like parents from our generation, using phrases like "not while you're under my roof" "over my dead body". (Some times I'd like to oblige him with the dead body thing)Our daughter is very mature and levelheaded. She really is years ahead of most kids her age. She had to step up to the plate and be the adult when my husband and I went through a seperation last year (We are back together) I'm really afraid of ending up in the middle between the 2 of them. When I asked my husband what we would do if we were really on opposite sides of an issue, his response was, "What, you want to leave again so we don't fight?" I never said anything about leaving, I just would like to be prepared for what looks like the inevitable.
Any one have any ideas or suggestions?
irishayes59 is offline   Reply With Quote