Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > About Being a Woman > Romantic Relationships

Old September 24th, 2006, 05:16 PM   #16
peach

Re: Will I Ever Recover?

Quote:
Originally posted by katherine
I know that I am fairly young, but I experienced something quite close to love. It is an extremely difficult thing for me to deal with, and I feel like I can't talk to anybody about it. I am leaving out some details, but is still a long one, so here is my story. This all started about a year ago. There was an older guy in one of my classes and he and I became really good friends over about five months. We talked on the phone, in class, between classes. He finally told me that he was "falling for me", and I sort of freaked out, but I realized that I really liked him, too. We started spending a lot of time together, but then he graduated and went to boot camp for the Marines. Before he left, he made me promise that if, when he came back, we could continue from where we left off, and of course I did. I knew that I would be more mature and ready for a relationship. The point of this story is that I waited for him and I never saw him again. On December 28, 2004 I found out that he died in a car crash that morning. I have never cried that much in my life. Not a day goes by that I don't think about him and have a long cry. Ever since then, nothing has been the same. It is like I am numb to all feelings. It hit me so hard, and I am still suffering from that horrible sorrow. My question is will I ever recover from this? Will I ever feel again? Will I ever be able to feel about someone else the way I felt about him? I don't want to feel like this anymore, but I also don't ever want to forget him or the memories I have of him.
peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2006, 05:22 PM   #17
peach

Re: Will I Ever Recover?

Katherine The usual quotes used like you'll recover in time, etc... really does not help. Hold it in your heart that this man probably loved you. I am so sorry this happened to you. Keep yourself around people and talk, talk and talk. Try to find a grief recovery group in your area. I wish I could tell you that you will get better soon. Grief can last for a long,long time.Everybody recovers differently. Maybe get into therapy. That might help My prayers are with you.
peach is offline   Reply With Quote