Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > Hobbies and Leisure Activities > Pets

Old August 20th, 2004, 11:33 AM   #61
brede
my new motorcycle

All of you know that I have a new puppy now. We changed her name to Magpie and she is a wild one. She is fearless even if something scares her. What is great is she is so easy to keep clean. Brush her twice a week and wipe her with a chamois so she shines. If she gets into something stinky, we are supposed to use dry shampoo and just brush it through her coat. And she doesn't ever smell like my Emma did. I am both delighted and exhausted by her.
Old September 30th, 2004, 11:25 AM   #62
arlene

She's adorable. What breed?
Old October 1st, 2004, 07:40 PM   #63
brede
my new motorcycle

Her father was a pure bred Weimaraner and she looks exactly like a weimar. She is now 4 months old, weighs 30 pounds and is about 20" at the shoulder.

The other news is that on Friday we picked up a Redbone Coon Hound. Bomar is 5 months old, weighs 51 lbs and is 24" at the shoulder.

I am exhausted!!!!!
Old October 14th, 2004, 06:15 PM   #64
rjsfeminist

We've got an old cocker spaniel named Osha. No, it's not pronounced like the govt. agency, but like Oshkosh B'gosh--but with an "ah" at the end. She's 14 1/2, hard of hearing, but such a sweetie.
rjsfeminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2004, 09:00 PM   #65
brede
my new motorcycle

We also have a partially blind, mostly deaf, brain damaged, 15 year old cat. She lives back in our bedroom. We have a child's gate in the hall way, and the dogs respect it (and her). She is my bathroom days company and sleeps with us at night.

I'm not kidding about the brain damage part. She was hit by a truck of some kind deliberately. The tire treads were in the sand when we found her and he had actually driven off the road to hit her. She lost her sight in one eye, broke her upper jaw and had a compression fraction on the right side of her brain. She's a real sweetie, indoor cat now.
Old October 17th, 2004, 12:55 AM   #66
WA114
www.womensweb.ca

I really don't understand how anyone could be so deliberately cruel to another life -- human or animal. For shame!

One of our cats isn't quite that bad off, although her skull is a little misshapen and we have reason to believe she is a little "slow."

She is also terribly insecure and doesn't like to be left alone. She sits on backpacks, suitcases, shoes... anything she believes is synonymous with someone's leaving, thinking that her doing so will prevent them from going. She is always the first by the door when we leave and the first by the door when we come home. She cries when we are getting ready to go anywhere. Little kitty tears and mews. It's so sweet.

She does really stupid things sometimes and is dumb as a post, but she's so affectionate and those round, green eyes are enough to melt anyone's heart.
Old October 19th, 2004, 07:04 PM   #67
brede
my new motorcycle

After Sara had her accident, for about six months she would just be sitting there and suddenly topple over. I had about reached the point that I was thinking about having her put down when it finally stopped. I'm glad I didn't. She's strange, but she's my cat.
Old October 28th, 2004, 10:18 PM   #68
rjsfeminist

Poor kitty, brede.

Our dog was hit by a car when she was about a year old, but with her, it wasn't deliberate. Someone had let her out without her leash and she and the car sort-of colllided. The car was moving
slow, and the driver KNEW it had happened, but still took off without stopping to see if she was okay. (We weren't mad at him for the collision, since it wasn't his fault, but I was pissed that he took off.) Fortunately, Osha sustained mainly a case of road rash. Scared us silly.
rjsfeminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2005, 07:25 PM   #69
jkearns4949

I have a dog that is like a spoiled child. He whines if he does not get his way. Also, he needs to be the center of attention all the time.
jkearns4949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2007, 07:34 PM   #70
MagnusPI

benji

Becky and I got a new puppy. A Boston terrior who is now 14 weeks old. He goes to puppy kindergarden and is at the head of his class. Altough he is all terrior at home lol
Old April 13th, 2007, 08:37 PM   #71
Sabra

Does this mean he's a boston terrorist?
Sabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2007, 11:17 PM   #72
MagnusPI

yeppers lol you get my e-mail?
Old April 14th, 2007, 12:13 AM   #73
Sabra

yepper and he's adorable. For a minute there thought he was a boxer puppy. I especially liked the pic with Becky, Benji is a chest man
Sabra is offline   Reply With Quote