Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > About Being a Woman > Romantic Relationships

Old July 13th, 2008, 09:33 PM   #1
yrn2learn
Beedeblue

Unhappy Whatcha think , I smell a rat ?

I need to know how most womwen and Men would react in my situation , I'll spell it out and you can tell me if you smell a rat in my relationship. The 55 year old man that I have dated for three years is very social has many friends , is outgoing etc. He maintains a "MySpace" page where he displays his "friends" I do not have a My Space I find it all kinda teenager like. He has no idea that I view his page occasionally. I ignor most posts and interactions that appear there but one recently was very fresh and suggestive by a female bombshell type party girl . She pictured herself in a bikini with the comment "I keep diamonds down there" and that she wished him "Happy hump Day " Her mood indicator was "playful". I know not if he interacts with her. her Space is private. She lives near by but I have no other reason to believe he is involved with her. I am torn between asking him about her or not. She is 41 and I would think she would have better things to do. I am anoyed by it all. Advice?
yrn2learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2008, 09:44 PM   #2
crazymomma
awesome cookie lady

well, maybe but, does he act like he is messing around? If not it maybe just harmless online flirting. Don't jump the gun til you have proof.
Old July 14th, 2008, 02:09 PM   #3
PoohsBigSister
Long Live WOW!!

ok..first of all, it's probably not her. Those "hump day" and other "pics" on myspace you can grab from any ole myspace graphics page. I use several. I am 37. I have a myspace page. I keep it to keep in touch with friends and family and share photos and blogs with them. I have mine set so that you have to be an approved friend to see anything. I know alot of people who do social networking through both myspace and facebook, so the "juvenile" portion of your message is not accurate in all cases.

As for you man...do you trust him? Do you have open communication with him? Seems to me that if you have a worry, you should be able to talk to him about it. Communication is the best and most important avenue to keeping a relationship on the right track! (IMHO that is). I have been in a realtionship where you had to guess everything, where he "tracked" me everywhere online - even though I did nothing wrong, never cheated, never gave him reason to doubt...it was just his nature. Now, I am in a relationship that is open and honest...and it's refreshing to be able to say to him... Hey..i saw you have someone named Heather on your IM list...who's that? and have him say...Ohhh..it's a woman I met while I was dating and while we didn't have an attraction, we decided to be friends. She knows about you, and you can read our messages if you'd like. WOW...floored me, cuz that's not what I was used to...but..it was AWESOME to have him be so open about it!

Anyway..enough rambling. I do NOT smell a Rat...I smell a need for communication between you two.

hth..
Old July 14th, 2008, 11:43 PM   #4
Napolitana <3

i don't think you should straight up ask about her cuz then he will just think your a spying jealous women lol and u dont want him to think that....if i was you i would say that ur thinking about getting a myspace and see how he reacts if she was trying to hide something his probably gonna give you a hard time about getting one too cuz then he will know for sure that u will b looking at his...
Napolitana <3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2008, 08:20 PM   #5
BlueSkyBlue
I is a poster! lol's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolitana <3 View Post
i don't think you should straight up ask about her cuz then he will just think your a spying jealous women lol and u dont want him to think that....if i was you i would say that ur thinking about getting a myspace and see how he reacts if she was trying to hide something his probably gonna give you a hard time about getting one too cuz then he will know for sure that u will b looking at his...
I totally agree with Napolitana
see what his reaction is
BlueSkyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote