Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > The WOW Community Cafe > Politics

Old October 19th, 2008, 10:22 PM   #1
NewsPoster
WOW News Poster

Barack in Fayetteville: "We all need to come together as one nation"

Barack spoke to residents of Fayetteville, North Carolina this afternoon. This morning he was endorsed by former Secretary of State Colin Powell, and in Fayetteville he told the crowd how honored he was to have this endorsement.

Before we begin, I’d like to acknowledge some news we learned this morning.  With so many brave men and women from Fayetteville serving in our military, this is a city and a state that knows something about great soldiers.  And this morning, a great soldier, a great statesman, and a great American has endorsed our campaign to change America.  I have been honored to have the benefit of his wisdom and counsel from time to time over the last few years, but today, I am beyond honored and deeply humbled to have the support of General Colin Powell.

General Powell has defended this nation bravely, and he has embodied our highest ideals through his long and distinguished public service.  He and his wife Alma have inspired millions of young people to serve their communities and their country through their tireless commitment and trailblazing American story.  And he knows, as we do, that this is a moment where we all need to come together as one nation – young and old, rich and poor, black and white, Republican and Democrat.

Read Barack's full remarks from Fayetteville, as prepared for delivery . . .

More...
NewsPoster is offline   Reply With Quote