Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > The WOW Community Cafe > Family Issues

Old July 23rd, 2008, 03:10 PM   #1
Kitty P

Trying to make up for Mistake

This a little hard for me to write,but here it goes. 12 yrs. ago, I met a wonderful man. We had not known each othermaybe 2 months,but we knew it was right between us. My girls met him & liked him a lot. The oldest one was in college,younger one was @ home. He moved in, that is where the trouble began. To make along story short, I made the biggest mistake a mother ever could. I took his side instead of hers. Friends stole custody,did not fight for her. Moved to another town without her. But always kept in contact with the both of my girls. That was 12 yrs. ago & I do regret it. Myhusband is a good man. He does love my girls. The oldest one is coming around. The younger one is not. Now that there is a grand child involved, I can see her,but she will not let my husband see her. My husband has never denied me from my family. He has always encouraging me to call
& go see them. They won't even call . I have to do all of the calling. This really hurts him. I cry all the time over this. I've tried talking to my daughter about this but she just won't have anything to do with it. If any one has any suggestions I would be willing to listen. But please,I don't need any chewing out. I feel bad the way it is. I don't have the money to move away.
Old July 23rd, 2008, 04:40 PM   #2
IRISH_EYES_99

Kitty,

You didn't say what happened to her. I don't want to speculate. How old was she at the time? If it was some type of abuse then maybe you can get a mediator. A mediator or counselor to help bring you & your girls closer. Then somehow acceptance will be in the offering.

Hope it all works out. That somehow there will be peace in the future for each of you.
Old July 23rd, 2008, 04:54 PM   #3
Kitty P

IRISH, No there was no abuse involved. The people who stole custody kept her. They still treat me like trash. I have tried talking to them,but nothing seems to work. We have tried to take her to counsling with us when she was younger,but for some reason they refused. I have asked them why and they said it wasn't her that needed it. It was me that needed it. The reason why I say they stole custody,is that they had me sign a paper that they told me that it was a medical release. I believed them cause @ the time I though that they were good friends. Guess I got fooled.
Old July 26th, 2008, 08:08 PM   #4
kraftykid

Kitty you do not say how old your children are now. IMHO all you can do is let them know you are there for them. You know Birthday/Christmas cards, etc. No pushing and trying to get into their lives. Hopefully they will eventually come around. If they do great, if they do not there is nothing you can do.

Therapy might be helpful for you, a third party who is experienced, knowledgeable can be a great asset to making you feel better.
kraftykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2008, 08:56 PM   #5
rosem.hayes

Kitty,If you an your husband done all you know to do for your girlsthey will not for get about you an your husband.childrens never forget the love you gave them.one day your girls will come home to stay,my heart goes out to you an your family.
rosem.hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2010, 03:15 AM   #6
ESTELLE

Kitty you do not say how old your children are now. IMHO all you can do is let them know you are there for them. You know Birthday/Christmas cards, etc. No pushing and trying to get into their lives. Hopefully they will eventually come around. If they do great, if they do not there is nothing you can do.
Old June 16th, 2010, 01:30 AM   #7
SalsaLove

Just give it up to God and pray. That's probably all you can do at this point. And continue to keep an open door to them.
SalsaLove is offline   Reply With Quote