Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > About Being a Woman > Romantic Relationships

Old January 31st, 2009, 06:35 AM   #1
Nimue

So ready for something new...

When I joined this forum I thought I would be connecting with other women on a certain level but God and I mean god (really) this forum seems so friken dead. I had shit parents and funny thing is that I am still in touch with them and our relationship has never been better but it was a lot worse when I was growing up. I was the oldest of three and they tested all their premature bull-shit out on me and then they were like, "Ok, so that is what will permanently fuck up a girl?" But seriously, that is what happened, even if they never figured it out.

So WTF? I mean I am friggin 44 years friggin old. I look like I am 28. Maybe it is to make up for all the life I lost out on? I don't friggin know but I don't have a wrinkle on my face and my boobs don't sag at all. And I think well gee that is grand, I haven't aged a bit, in fact like that old hillbilly song goes, I get better looking each day but then I think how the Hell can I ever date someone when I am this old but look this young? I mean I would want to date someone younger, (right?) someone who looks as young as I feel?

And then there is the question, do I want a great friend and a soulmate or do I want to marry a man? And if a man was those things for me ( a great friend and a soulmate) then would he be worth a shit as a man? And I highly doubt it. I mean there is sexual orientation and then there is sexual compatibality and then there is the benefit of being a woman in a relationship with a good man.

But with a good man you still need girlfriends to confide in and with a good woman you still desire some security. I mean, I have never met a woman who gave me the same feeling of security that men have given me in the past and it is a long and fading past and I have been so alone and so neglected for so long that I feel like an opim addict, I just really need a fix no matter what the quality of the fix is. And then later I think, well I have been untouched for two years easily, maybe I can get used to being alone and maybe I can provide everything I need from within, never needing anyone but God, I mean "god" that seems like a loney way to go out of life. That seems like such a lonely way to die.
Nimue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2009, 12:14 PM   #2
PoohsBigSister
Long Live WOW!!

Well, I for one don't feel that our forum is "dead". I think you get from it what you give it, as goes for most things in life.
Old February 1st, 2009, 03:13 PM   #3
IRISH_EYES_99

What level did you want to communicate on????? This forum is not dead. Take a look around it. Is there a subject you you'd like to see. Let us know.

Think about this question in relationship to life. It you're handed a bag of lemons do you:

A make lemonade??
B complain and say what do I need these lemons for??

It's all in the choices we make as individuals. Me I'll make the lemonade, lemon mirange pie, use them as a garnish, why one could even polish with a lemon. Amazing.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 08:21 PM   #4
DACDjr
Senior Memeber

( picks herself up off of the floor ) Thanks for bringing me back from the "dead"
((( Irish )))) and (((( PBS ))))), cept one of ya have lemon breath

Ya know, not to say anything out of the way, like that has not already happened on this thread (whistles) But if I cussed and used "God" in the same sentence, my hiney would be BRIGHT red.. But ya know, I aint sayin anything
Old February 5th, 2009, 07:27 AM   #5
IRISH_EYES_99

(((((((((((( DACDjr)))))))))))),
How are you and the family doing? Sorry I was away from the kbd when you came into WS last Fri. Thought it was the Chinese food we had ( the worst) that was making me sick. Ended up with a really bad case of broncitis. Don't worry doing much better at this point.
Please come back this week. In fact DanceWOW moved her Title Blanks to Thurs night so she'll be there tonight. So come on in.

Take care everyone. Have a great day.
Old February 5th, 2009, 08:39 AM   #6
rjsfeminist

Gotta put my 2 cents in.

Nimue, boards aren't dead. True, there are times when there are fewer posts than usual, but for the most part, it's caring women/womyn sharing and helping out each other.

But I did pick up on something, and I hope you don't take this the wrong way. I had a friend several years ago who suddenly started sounding lik your post that opened this thread. Turns out she was suffering from depression. After she got help (and no, she didn't have to be hospitalized, but was able to get out-patient help), she felt a whole heap better. If you're feeling really crappy, depressed, etc., please, PLEASE get some help. I'm not saying this to be hurtful but helpful. No one should have to go through what my friend went through...And if I'm totally off base, sorry.
rjsfeminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2009, 05:51 PM   #7
PoohsBigSister
Long Live WOW!!

(((((((((((((((((((((RJ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

((((((((((((((((((((NANA & DACCIE))))))))))))))))))))))

ya'll crack me up!

And, I second RJ's advice.
Old February 5th, 2009, 09:45 PM   #8
IRISH_EYES_99

kudoes (((((((((( PBS))))))))),

NIMUE, Wish you healing for the hurting you're dealing with. NOt a counselor. Hope you do seek one out. We are a very supportive group of women. Anger can cause the hurt to keep growing festering. Counseling is great especially if you do some seaching and find the right one. The one that will validate you, then help you work though that which is causing the pain. Good luck.
Old May 19th, 2010, 03:30 AM   #9
Questangie

Yes.... It seems very dead but a good idea. Too bad it doesn't seem to be working out. I am a married lesbian looking for others in my situation. I didn't think it would be this hard!!!!
Old May 19th, 2010, 08:09 AM   #10
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

Well Questangie, I am not in your shoes on the relationship(s). Yet I am here for the most part everyday! I do what I can to be positive and thus moving forward despite my current situation(s). I do have my moments of negativity. Thus I come here and know that there are others here who will pick me up dust me off smack me if needed and help me move forward again. We may not be in your situation yet we do understand feelings and life in general. We are very helpful, compassionate and thus protective of each other and etc. We care just as much about each other sometimes that it fills a void that we have in our lives. We know that we each need each other to be there. We never know when it will be our turn to reach out or receive the help from here from the others. Yet I know thru the last ten years or so of being a member here, I know I can get it here. Told how it is and thus helped in whatever endeavor I am on. Its what PBS said, you get out of it what you want by what you put in it. So I hope this helps out Nimue and yourself as well as others out there just "lurking". Have a great day!
Old September 12th, 2010, 01:12 AM   #11
Gareis22

i love that women have websites i do agree however more women need to express themselves for christ sake men have off topic its is soo effin nasty and dick masterson want to shoot that guy.
Old September 13th, 2010, 11:19 AM   #12
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

Men can be that way Gareis22, yet so can women. Tis a choice we all must make for ourselves. Expressing yourself is great yet some women dont know or have never learned. Yet we do the best to bring that out in others as well as become better at it ourselves. Hence we do the best even when making mistakes that we later learn to apologize for. Tis the life lessons we all learn.
Have a great day!