Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > About Being a Woman > Lesbians Online

Old February 11th, 2011, 09:19 PM   #1
moniker

So I Want To Be A Lesbian

I'm not gay, I'm not and I don't think I ever could be...but I really want to be. Let me explain.

I find women to be sexual, deep and spiritually/mentally stimulating in a way that I can't find with a man. I consider myself a powerful woman, a dominant, assertive modern woman also in touch with woman's place in nature as a lover and nurturer (not in the "housewife" way but in the "powerful healer" way). Even when I meet a man who's spiritual, I don't feel that connection.

I admire women's bodies, I see them and feel, "This woman is so sexy, wow, she is sexy." I have no problem saying it. I have no problem imagining her in sexy ways...but as soon as I imagine myself with that woman in a sexy way, all desire just stops. I am so averse to the idea of me becoming intimate with a woman, I can't even explain it.

I would love to spend my life with a woman, I would. To raise a child or children with a woman, to share everything. To love woman, to care for a woman, to dominate over a woman (I have no idea why I like the idea of dominating...but only in a sexual way, not in the relationship overall), but...the idea of sexually being with a woman? I can't think of it. I can see her longing, supple lips...but can't begin to imagine kissing them without being completely turned off.

I don't understand what this feeling is. I really don't. I have no idea why I feel this way. I have only been in relationships with men and don't feel "weird" in a relationship with a man...but do feel that there's a spiritual component that's missing that I feel I could get with a woman.

Have any of you heard of this type of thing? What does it mean?
moniker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2011, 06:19 PM   #2
Jennifer23
Jennifer23

moniker, I kind of get where you're coming from. Physically I'm attracted to men, but my mind is so much more in sync with other women. As women we have a natural bond. We think as women, we have the bodies of women, and it's so much easier to talk with another girl because she understands. I love my boyfriend, but I trust my girlfriends to give me advice, especially about female related issues.
Jennifer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2011, 07:36 PM   #3
moniker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer23 View Post
moniker, I kind of get where you're coming from. Physically I'm attracted to men, but my mind is so much more in sync with other women. As women we have a natural bond. We think as women, we have the bodies of women, and it's so much easier to talk with another girl because she understands. I love my boyfriend, but I trust my girlfriends to give me advice, especially about female related issues.
That's good to hear I'm not alone...but what can be done? I feel like a life partner should be someone who meets all your needs. If I feel my spiritual connection needs are better satisfied by women but sexual needs by men, I feel as if I am unable to find a life partner who meets my needs. I feel torn.
Old February 12th, 2011, 08:27 PM   #4
Elusive Unicorn

moniker have you tried a guy who is realy intouch with his feminine side? I have known a few guys that are. Some of them were strait. They were great to hang out with. LOL my one strait friend kept getting asked if he was gay. It realy got to him. So he started to ignore that question.
Old February 14th, 2011, 07:47 PM   #5
moniker

I don't think I want a feminine man. Femininity is associated with being submissive, soft-spoken and compromising, and that's not the type of person I am or the type of person I can stand!
Old February 14th, 2011, 08:34 PM   #6
Elusive Unicorn

/me wonders if they make feminine man that is a dominatrex?<weg>
Old February 15th, 2011, 10:01 AM   #7
moniker

Would he be technically a dominatrix? That word is for women ("trix" Greek...or is it Latin...is the same as us adding "ess" to a word to make it feminine)...but if he's feminine would he use that term? I wonder!
Old February 15th, 2011, 11:39 AM   #8
Elusive Unicorn

ILMAO thats what I was wondering too. Hmm...not sure who to ask on that one.
Old February 25th, 2011, 03:20 PM   #9
angelinajolin

Well I'm gays no a lesbian but I like women n I dot have one
angelinajolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2011, 01:06 AM   #10
JANE20/20

Hi Moniker.....it sounds interesting....I have to agree with the comment above....it's easier to talk to females about female stuff....we're all connected...just because we're women....but as far a attraction for another female....I don't have that....but I can say that a woman is pretty or shapely...without being or feeling attracted sexually to her ....but for me....I find that men are better friends....no jealousy from other females to deal with.....and the dominating thing...whew!...I get a rush from that.....I need that in a man...I don't know why...I guess it's because that's what I think his role should be...and even though I'm assertive and have my career.....I don't mean that he would be abusive or demeaning.....but he's in control.....it's a turn on in a man.....power!.....
JANE20/20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2011, 02:58 PM   #11
kjl88

hi
kjl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2011, 04:08 PM   #12
Jacaranda

Oh yeah! I feel like that too and I don't know why. To make matters worse,lesbianism is like a taboo in my country.
There's this girl that keeps coming onto me,and I think she looks great. Sexy,infact,but the thought of kissing her doesn't register well with me. I totally understand you.
Old November 30th, 2011, 08:52 PM   #13
tawny

Quote:
Originally Posted by moniker View Post
I'm not gay, I'm not and I don't think I ever could be...but I really want to be. Let me explain.

I find women to be sexual, deep and spiritually/mentally stimulating in a way that I can't find with a man. I consider myself a powerful woman, a dominant, assertive modern woman also in touch with woman's place in nature as a lover and nurturer (not in the "housewife" way but in the "powerful healer" way). Even when I meet a man who's spiritual, I don't feel that connection.

I admire women's bodies, I see them and feel, "This woman is so sexy, wow, she is sexy." I have no problem saying it. I have no problem imagining her in sexy ways...but as soon as I imagine myself with that woman in a sexy way, all desire just stops. I am so averse to the idea of me becoming intimate with a woman, I can't even explain it.

I would love to spend my life with a woman, I would. To raise a child or children with a woman, to share everything. To love woman, to care for a woman, to dominate over a woman (I have no idea why I like the idea of dominating...but only in a sexual way, not in the relationship overall), but...the idea of sexually being with a woman? I can't think of it. I can see her longing, supple lips...but can't begin to imagine kissing them without being completely turned off.

I don't understand what this feeling is. I really don't. I have no idea why I feel this way. I have only been in relationships with men and don't feel "weird" in a relationship with a man...but do feel that there's a spiritual component that's missing that I feel I could get with a woman.

Have any of you heard of this type of thing? What does it mean?
Mid-life lesbians are quite common. I'm sure you could find someone like yourself.
tawny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2011, 02:07 PM   #14
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

Tis funny how previous post said how men in touch with their femine side is too whatever. Cause my cousin Murph who is in touch with that side of him sure isnt girly or whatever. LOL Be who you are for someone will love you as you are.
Old December 3rd, 2011, 06:36 PM   #15
Jennifer23
Jennifer23

We are what we are. We all just have to deal with feelings.
Jennifer23 is offline   Reply With Quote