Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > About Being a Woman > Romantic Relationships

Old December 6th, 2010, 06:15 PM   #1
gimmins

To love someone but to let him go.

I met him in the beginning of January 2010. I am already in a committed relationship with a boyfriend, and it was one of those casual night out with friends to celebrate the new year.

As we got to know each other, my feelings for him grew so strong. I would wake up in the morning with a cold sweat to realize that he was not with me. He is also in a committed relationship and I just heard today that he is going to get married in Hawaii in January.

My heart is torn and as much as it hurts, I know I have to let him go, at least for his sake and mine. We've shared our emotions and feelings, confirmed how much we love each other, but the reality is that we can't be together. I love him with all my life and there is nothing in this world that I wouldn't give to be with him.

I am just hoping that this feeling would go away and that I could become a better person in the near future... and hope that day comes soon...
Old December 9th, 2010, 01:38 AM   #2
georgie

If you truly love him they you say you do, don't let go. If you're both not married and no children are involved, you are better off together. You'll regret it the rest of your life. I know I have, and it's been thirty years. Listen to your heart. Good luck with whatever you decide.
georgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2011, 04:44 AM   #3
JANE20/20

Hi Gimmins....I wondering if neither of you were married....why are you staying with people that the two of you aren't in love with?.....that sounds like torture....such a sentence...I mean in the old days people were married to unite countries,people, religion...to get land...etc....if none of those things are involved....then why?....

Love does hurt sometimes.....but it will get better.......
JANE20/20 is offline   Reply With Quote