Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > About Being a Woman > Romantic Relationships

Old February 8th, 2009, 01:43 PM   #1
m3seow

STD...

Hi, I am new here. I joined WOW probably a month or 2 ago for woman-to-woman support and mature conversation/dialogue.

I was just divorced early last year from a man who was never faithful (physically or emotionally) since the start of our relationship and who never had an ounce of regret for hitting me. Well, thank God that I that he actually "knocked" some senses into me and I left - sthing that I can smile about now During my divorce proceedings, got involved with another divorcee - it felt good to have someone to hold during rough times, but it did not work out.

Reason I am writing now is not to overcome both the ex-husband and support-guy, but for how to move on in my life. I was recently diagnosed with STD - Chlamydia and HSV1 - I don't know if its from the ex husband or that divorcee. I was devastated and shattered - #1: I have always lived a "clean" life, but yet i got these due to my own pure judgement; #2 I recently met someone wonderful and we were about to get intimate (which prompted me to get tested), and because of this I told him we should forget the whole thing and to remain as friends only (of which he agreed to).

I have taken the antibiotics for Chlamydia, but there is nothing i can do for HSV1. Now I am so depressed because of the lost chance with the new guy and I don't know how can i date or be close to another again? My self esteem which is already low, certainly hit rock bottom now.

Actually I don't know why I am writing. Probably I just want to talk and to have someone tell me its going to be ok. As for now only 2 gfs and the new guy knew, not even my family and i don't plan to tell them. Stimes I am ok, optimistic coz HSV1 is common, but most of the times I feel so worthless and still cry. I feel so lonely and wish I can curl up in somebody's arms and when i get up, everything is fine and perfect again - but i don't think that is ever going to happen.

Sigh.. i think i have written too much.. altho there is still so much in my mind. Thank you for listening!
m3seow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2009, 12:24 PM   #2
m3seow

aa
m3seow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2011, 08:32 PM   #3
JANE20/20

m3Seow...Hi how are you ......I just read your message....I'm sorry to hear that....but believe it or not....you'll be just fine...and probably are....it's been a couple of years since you posted....alot of people are living with HSV1 and also HSV2....even some celebrities...and HSV1....I think will probably increase simply because people do date and they are going to kiss each other...and alot of people are not aware that they have either one...and are spreading it unknowingly..... as quite as it's kept...if more people would get tested for all STI's....whether their in a relationship or not...there will propbably be some sad faces...alot of people are still having sex without using condoms or dentaldams...and are nonchalant about the possibility of contracting STI's.....so many people are experimenting and changing sex partners without being responsible....I've read that alot of people have little or no symptoms or outbreaks....for HSV2.....look at it this way...your life is not going to end....if you have an outbreak ...it'll probably be uncomfortable for a few days....and then it clears up....go to the Dr and get what you need....and get on with the business of living....and thank the Lord that it wasn't something worse...because it could have been....there are still plenty of things to enjoy....life is still beautiful......Try and cheer up!.....
JANE20/20 is offline   Reply With Quote