Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > The WOW Community Cafe > Family Issues

Old January 4th, 2009, 08:47 PM   #31
Nimue

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISH_EYES_99 View Post
Nimue,

That's a very hard call. Personal on how you handle it.

How about setting your parents up with cell phones. That way you can stay connected. Check out the various plans that are offered and go from there.

Good luck on whatever decision you make.
Good Point Irish_Eyes,

With technology the way it is... My mother already has a cell phone and my father just sent me a pic taken with the webcam on his new laptop.
Nimue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2009, 08:50 PM   #32
Nimue

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosannehow View Post
Nimue, I czan relate to having a sibling I have not talked to in years. I have a brother who lives in Australia and I have not talked to him since 1975 when we called him from Florida to tell him about my mother's death. I was so angry with his reaction I wouldnot tell my father how I felt about my conversation with my brother. Onmy father's request when he passed I did not contact my brother and have had no contact withhim since. My brother couldnot even talk to my father nor send a card consolinghim. An extremely self-centered selfish uncaring man.
My sister has issues and instead of dealing with the issues she has thrown herself full-force into fundamentalist Xtianity, becoming a bible school teacher and hating and judging anyone who has different needs or morals or whatever.

My brother would show up to Xmas and receive gifts from people and then not give anyone any, never say thanks, never send a card whether it was for a birthday or saying thank you. He would also never call, unless he was drunk dialing and wanting to talk about how terrible something or someone else was.

I think I should probably move and start my life over.
Nimue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2009, 12:19 PM   #33
older&wiser

I have one brother and one sister. My sister and I are very different but we are pretty close. I love my brother who is 6 years younger, but we can't seem to get along. The problem is I love him because he's my brother. If he wasn't my brother I wouldn't give him the time of day. He's not a nice person.
older&wiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2010, 08:43 AM   #34
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

We cant choose the family we are born into however we can choose how we let them affect us. No matter what they are still family! Yet there are times when for the betterment of ourselves and etc we must let go. Thus we do what we must yet still love them and hope for the best for them regardless.
Have a great day!
Old May 24th, 2011, 12:33 PM   #35
StacyH.

I see not many posts in this one. I am in need of some advice though. You see I have an older brother who has not made too many good choices in his life. In his own way I guess he tries. 3 days ago he came over for an impromptu visit. Asked if he could store a few boxes here for a time. Okay I said and he put them in the closet in my room. Long story short I had to move a couple of the boxes last night and one of them came open. What I saw shocked me, in the box was a towel I thought hmm now why would he need to store a rolled up towel. anyway I looked in it and it was a gun. Of course I did not touch it. I called him and asked him what was going on and he said dont worry it was not used in a crime it is stolen and I am hiding it for a buddy of mine. Of course I am steaming hot mad by this point !!!!! I promptly told him to come and get his things now before I call the police. I mean to think he would involve me in something like that. He came and got his things this morning. He was irate that I would not let him keep it here. I feel I am in the right. What do think ? We have always had a good relationship but this just really makes me want nothing to do with him right now.
StacyH. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2011, 07:48 AM   #36
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

Stacy your brother took advantage of you! Yes you are right for what you did. You set the limits which he should of been aware of. Now its on him. Hope you are doing good. Hugs
Old May 26th, 2011, 01:06 PM   #37
StacyH.

Yes I am much better today thank you. I basically told him until he can get his life straight I just don't want him around he said he was sorry and that was the sum of our phone call. hugs back at ya
StacyH. is offline   Reply With Quote